Fishy4335

Lightest most Durable Wading Boots in the Northern Hempisphere?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I would go with a Simms boot.  The Vibram Streamtread is tough and grippy.  They hose off far better than traditional felt.

The boots may cost more than the average, but the boots have become the choice of many angling guides, the world over. (Both Hemispheres).

33 minutes ago, KinFisher said:

I would go with a Simms boot.  The Vibram Streamtread is tough and grippy.  They hose off far better than traditional felt.

The boots may cost more than the average, but the boots have become the choice of many angling guides, the world over. (Both Hemispheres).

Saltwater? They are going to go over my neoprene stocking waders!! And I am going to screw in studs

Edited by Fishy4335

50 minutes ago, JoeGBreezy said:

Don't forget to order them NoHem version. If you head south you will have to reverse the screw in studs.

Haha... I'll be shark bait then

What about:

Cheapest, Lightest and most Durable Wading Boots in the Northern Hempisphere?

if you are going to screw in the studs, get the felt..vibram sucks.

3 minutes ago, levari said:

What about:

Cheapest, Lightest and most Durable Wading Boots in the Northern Hempisphere?

if you are going to screw in the studs, get the felt..vibram sucks.

I would have added in cheapest, but korkers lasted me a year and my orvis flats were light as a feather but lasted me 1.7 years! Both around $130..... if there are nore durable lighter weight boots than those and they are say $250 but last 4 years I'll buy those!

Edited by Fishy4335

I used the frog togs cheapo specials flats boots and they have lasted since last year. Never put the studs in though. Just found some lace ups on sierra trading post for 40 bucks, with studs, Frogg toggs also.

The Korkers v3 studded rubber fishing soles offer serious grip. These are the replacement soles with the same heavy duty studs that are are in the time tested Korkers overshoes. 

These are reason enough to consider buying a pair of Korkers brand fishing boots with replaceble felt soles to use on the beach.

It takes like a minute to switch the soles to the studded soles when on the rocks or a jetty.

You can pick your price point and features for which pair of Korkers wading boots you want, but this system is tough to beat.

Personally, I like the Korkers Buckskin wading boots, but you can read reviews on the various models, and will probably get other opinions here.

simms intruders if you are wet wading and the vapor treads if you are in waders.

both are essentially hiking boots. They weight nothing and have held up very well for me. I have 1/2" kold kutter studs in them with ss washers and I could not be happier!