albacized

On the Water Outfitters

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I know must be associated with the magazine, but is that shop off rt 28 also a tackle outfitter? I've driven by it a dozen times or more during my albie excursions recently, but haven't stopped due to being so focused on fishing....and I don't recall seeing it before this year

You must of fast forwarded the DVR of their new commercials during the recent broadcasts of their television shows.   I think I've done the same thing in terms of driving the circuits.

1 hour ago, albacized said:

I know must be associated with the magazine, but is that shop off rt 28 also a tackle outfitter? I've driven by it a dozen times or more during my albie excursions recently, but haven't stopped due to being so focused on fishing....and I don't recall seeing it before this year

It's new and no it is strictly apparel. I guess you could say they have some gear in the form of Stormr stuff and Xtratuff boots but nothing else.

20 minutes ago, capefish4231 said:

It's new and no it is strictly apparel. I guess you could say they have some gear in the form of Stormr stuff and Xtratuff boots but nothing else.

Thin margins on fishing gear.  Fat margins on clothes.  

1 hour ago, HugeDinghy said:

They have everything a poser needs. 

Can tell real fishermen by their clothes.

Tuna fishing last week and the mate on a boat we're friendly with was shirtless with a pair of beat-up shorts. (and they may have been "Jams"). Another boat's mate who looked like a beerbellied 6'-3 jesus was also shirtless, wearing sweatpants. His professional fishing attire was actually commented on, as the captain joked about the time he went straight to the mall from the dock and legitimately scared women and children 

3 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

They have everything a poser needs. 

And so begins the typical rhetoric :rolleyes:. God forbid they choose to sell merchandise that transcends fishing and is marketable to everyday folk that help float the business and actually make them money. Simms and Stormr are successful brands for a reason, but I guess once a brand gets too big it becomes too mainstream for the "core" guys. This is quite literally the fisherman equivalent of hipsters. 

Edited by capefish4231
grammar

44 minutes ago, HugeDinghy said:

^ has three different salt life stickers on his Subaru. 

What do you expect, they go well with my HUK shorts, Pelagic shades, and Costa t-shirt. It's a lifestyle. I wouldn't expect everyone to understand.