Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

Rodgeeks Fall Rodbuilder Gathering Oct 20-21

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

This is the premiere rodbuilding event of the Fall, The NERBs will be at the Rodgeeks Offices in Troy, NY doing what we do best - having fun and teaching the finer points of the craft of rod building. The  Spring event had 35 attend, it was a  great time for  all those involved.
There is a Friday Meet & Greet from 5-9PM, it's strongly recommended you attend this as well as the event on Saturday. Food and drinks will be provided both days. We will be staying at  the Best Western in Albany
This event is free, and there will be significant
(40-60%) discounts on all Rodgeeks blanks in stock, last time we had over 400 to choose from.

WIll be setting up a topic list in the next few days - if you are interested in attending let me know. 

17505366_1531530716865567_1241746587118584637_o.jpg

Untitled.jpg

17309469_10154345845141723_7558717464572187342_n.jpg

14695606_10207422967591872_4829741544597785866_n.jpg

I've started putting the topic list together, here is what I've got so far:

Jeff H will cover weaving

Jason G will go over epoxy ramps )this was requested by a couple of people)

David Terry will go over Grip inlays

I will add several more topics in the coming days. We've got over 20 signed up, a couple of 8 hours trips from Canada and from Maryland.

Added a Wraps Workstation,w here somoene will be doing a wrap so you can see all aspects of a wrap, ask questions, and even sit down and wrap some yourself

Also doing a Guide fundamentals table which people can learn everything about guide wraps, trim and other techiniques. Hands on.

Attendance looking good, looking like we're going to top 30 for this event

34 minutes ago, Oznavad said:

Ahhhh Billy!! You're still at it I see. It's been a long time for me. Hope all is well

Holy crap Phil backwards name, lmao!! Ohhell yeah, I'm still doing what  I love  to  do...and I don't suck at giving the presentations  like  I did  that first  time in Long Island when I could barely speak! hahaha. And spiral wraps went from 9 transition guides to nothign being straight haha. I hope you are doing well Phil, it's been a really really long time, probably over  10 years sinc e we messaged...maybe even since  you and Crazy Forest Gump'd at  Connequot? lol