Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

Need an itunes whiz

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I use a lot of proprietary playback stuff for music other than Itunes, and I just found out I know very little about itunes, need some help.

 

This week, a guy gave me a file of music.  Its all mp3s.  1.5 Tb, its huge. 87k tunes.

 

So, I created an itunes library on the drive, and now I can point Itunes at this library (select library), and away it goes.

 

But here is what I want.  I want to pick a few select things out of that library and put them on my itunes library on my "walking around laptop".  How do I pick out one artist and move the files so that those odd itunes files move correctly?  Example, I just copied Tom Petty and moved it to "Itunes music" file on the laptop and Iit doesnt show up.   Its the xml files right, something.

 

What say you ?

 

Been looking through this file its a hoot.  I keep seeing artist after artist with what looks like every damn thing they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Little said:

800 Beach Boys titles.

 

Out of those, about 50 will be good. But those 50 will be very good! 

As a side note: didja read the feature on Mike Love in Rolling Stone? RS is a rag, a real piece of garbage, but this was good, if only because it proves, definitively and for all time, what a jerk off Love is. Google "Mike Love douhebag" and you'll find it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't just copy files to a directory that iTunes knows, you have to import it using the app. When you import, you have two choices (1) make another copy the file in your iTunes folder/directory or (2) leave it where it is and make a link to in in the iTunes folder/directory.

Edited by Wayne Tj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wayne Tj said:

You can't just copy files to a directory that iTunes knows, you have to import it using the app. When you import, you have two choices (1) make another copy the file in your iTunes folder/directory or (2) leave it where it is and make a link to in in the iTunes folder/directory.

So go to new library and export to a folder, then import using the old library?

 

Makes sense.

 

The problem I think I will never be able to beat-I have been all mac, home biz etc, for about 7 years now.  I still relate to all my computers as PC's.  I still dont really "speak mac".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Belmo said:

Out of those, about 50 will be good. But those 50 will be very good! 

As a side note: didja read the feature on Mike Love in Rolling Stone? RS is a rag, a real piece of garbage, but this was good, if only because it proves, definitively and for all time, what a jerk off Love is. Google "Mike Love douhebag" and you'll find it. 

Seversal Beach Boys encounters over the years.  I know his deal.

 

 

The list of full libraries/repertoires  I have here is getting a bit staggering.

 

Dylan

Zep

Stones

Boss

Just saw Badfinger

ELP

Genesis

Neil Young

About 25 comics, Monty Python

and I have seen none of it yet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wayne Tj said:

You can't just copy files to a directory that iTunes knows, you have to import it using the app. When you import, you have two choices (1) make another copy the file in your iTunes folder/directory or (2) leave it where it is and make a link to in in the iTunes folder/directory.

Ill find out later, but can I export/import an artist file en toto?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

foobar2000 is easy to use

available for mac

 

and it's not made by apple.

 

unless you're uploading **** to a "cloud" or whatever and want the songs available on all your devices.

then stick with itunes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Little said:

Seversal Beach Boys encounters over the years.  I know his deal.

 

 

The list of full libraries/repertoires  I have here is getting a bit staggering.

 

Zep

ELP

Genesis

 

Deleting these, in toto, is a good start. :th:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.