albacized

Sox couldn't afford to lose a Sale start this series

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Hook I said:

Reports were told that Price was giving Sales some pointers before today's game . 

Probably told him don't be me.

I guess he did not listen.

49 minutes ago, albacized said:

The sox offense is too anemic for these kind of pitching performances...it's almost an automatic loss

This game started out horribly.   Nunez re-injuring his knee getting out of the box, Sale giving up early ding dongs, not capitalizing on scoring opportunities AND Dave Ortiz is not walking through that door.   I really hope they can pull out a win tomorrow but do not think it will happen after watching tonight's game.  They've showed heart and grit at times but not consistently throughout the whole year.  It would surprise me if they didn't repeat what happened last year against Cleveland.     

19 minutes ago, Skitter said:

One and done I'm afraid.

Theyre just not good enough to play with the big boys this year

Both them and the Yankees - In fact, Indians are WS bound

Pomeranz has been their best pitcher since early August anyway. That's probably the best chance to win a game in this series. But the offense is so weak against decent pitching that a sweep is more likely.  

5 hours ago, Skitter said:

Cleveland looks good for the WS but you never know

The Tribe should take the Yanks in 3 or 4 but you never know. I can't stand anything Red Sox. But if it was another year it could be interesting with Tito going to Fenway and his old team that he brought to the promised land like Moses did .And now to do it with the Tribe. He will be a sure pop H.O.F. when he hangs them up.

EROD comes in the 6th and withing 4 pitches beans the batter.    Four pitches, then yanked!  Boink!

Edited by flylikabird