CTfish

Cape cod parking

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys, i have a question. 

Im going for first time to the canal, as a see from google map there is couples parking lots, are they free? Do i need a permit? How long can i park? Thank you

I do not know about weekday but in weekend early in morning it is hard to find a parking spot.. It is always full.. The parking is free and no time limit i believe. I need to be there around 3am in order for me to get a parking spot.

1 hour ago, QHNM said:

I do not know about weekday but in weekend early in morning it is hard to find a parking spot.. It is always full.. The parking is free and no time limit i believe. I need to be there around 3am in order for me to get a parking spot.

Thank you, yes im trying to get there around 3am Saturday's morning, thanks again. 

3 hours ago, QHNM said:

Can't say that I agree, at this time of year anyway.  PM me and share.

Lots of parking available all over the canal this time of year.  The only lot that charges $ is scusset but not this late in the season.  

The lot under the Sagamore bridge is small and popular so it can fill up quickly but at 3 am you should be fine.

looks like parking is being expanded at the Sag lot to the left of the bathrooms.

Maybe  someone can confirm this?

Word is the DCR brass isn't happy with the amount of days the Scusset staff leaves the gate unmanned. Gave up on the parking machine, they're privatizing the gate workforce. Don't know if it will affect early and late season parking dates, but don't expect to just drive in much during the main season next year.

12 hours ago, CTfish said:

Thank you, yes im trying to get there around 3am Saturday's morning, thanks again. 

The only lot that will be closed then is the one next to the Bourne Bridge on the Cape side. But there's room for about 6 vehicles to park outside the gate and walk/bike in. All other lots should be open, and uncrowded at 3 AM this time of the year.

2 hours ago, Ditch Jigger said:

The only lot that will be closed then is the one next to the Bourne Bridge on the Cape side. But there's room for about 6 vehicles to park outside the gate and walk/bike in. All other lots should be open, and uncrowded at 3 AM this time of the year.

Thank you, i guess im too late now.lol

3 hours ago, Eagles Dare said:

Word is the DCR brass isn't happy with the amount of days the Scusset staff leaves the gate unmanned. Gave up on the parking machine, they're privatizing the gate workforce. Don't know if it will affect early and late season parking dates, but don't expect to just drive in much during the main season next year.

I don't understand the DCR? Any job I've ever had, when you're boss tells you to do something, you do it. Otherwise they'll find someone who will. So the staff takes it upon themselves to leave the gate unmanned, and that's ok?

If they're privatizing the gate staff, I hope this means they'll also cut the appropriate amount of DCR staff who takes their place.

2 hours ago, bob_G said:

I don't understand the DCR? Any job I've ever had, when you're boss tells you to do something, you do it. Otherwise they'll find someone who will. So the staff takes it upon themselves to leave the gate unmanned, and that's ok?

If they're privatizing the gate staff, I hope this means they'll also cut the appropriate amount of DCR staff who takes their place.

Already have, according to some of the bitching I heard when I stayed there in August. 

Supposedly an excuse for closing down this weekend too. Past years they've been open long weekends all fall & winter.