Bump Stocks

Rate this topic

Fishing Pete

From what I can gather about it, it’s a replacement stock that looks like it incorporates a piece that touches the trigger. Once you’ve fired the first round the next is fired by the recoil of the prior shell. Each time the recoil happens it pulls the trigger for you. Correct me if I’m wrong, but that looks to be my take of it. It’s not much different than you pulling the trigger and doing so over and over again  without your finger cramping. It gives no time to aim accurately. Just close your eyes and you’d have a similar result. 

When all is said and done, 

It’s an add on piece that makes your gun far less accurate. Why anyone would want that, I don’t know. I’ll shoot for a purpose and it’s to be accurate. If I’m looking for inaccurate, I’ll stick with a slingshot. 

Inside the stock is a spring that allows the gun to "piston" under recoil, the little extension alongside the trigger guard keeps the shooter's finger close to the trigger. Fire the first shot and the gun bumping back and forth keeps the lead flowing. I found I needed to really straighten out my finger to make it stop. It wasn't mine, a guy at my club had it. I ran one magazine through, and decided it wasn't really safe from the 100y firing points.

I suppose it's legal because technically, there is no alteration the firearm- it's still a semi-auto. FWIW, you can bump fire semi auto pistol by shoving your offside thumb in the trigger guard and pulling the trigger with your strong side trigger finger. Stand close to the berm, it's not very controllable.

:v:

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace

Bump stocks are for limp wristed jamokes who watch too many movies. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

I voted they shouldn't be illegal ( slippery slope ), and they aren't needed for bump-fire . I don't see a need for them in any way. 

Crazies will find a way to do anything. It's a knee-jerk reaction to ban them. There will always be work-arounds to guns cars, tampons etc. , that aren't safe. A bottle of bleach, and a jug of Ammonia, can cause severe damage in an enclosed venue. Sick people with always find a way to accomplish their goals.