mightyrime

Parker 17'? A small 1801?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know about the Parker 17 from about 10 years ago?  There is one on my local craigslist.  Is it essentially a Parker 1801 but just smaller?  I am very new to boat shopping so I am trying to understand the difference in specs.  Thanks

I have a 1997 with a 75 HP Yamaha motor. Great back bay boat and out front on good days. Absolutely love this boat! Not sure about the difference in sizes though.

IMG_2110.JPG

The 17 are more rare to find vs the 18. The 18 usually has bigger rails on it which most take off

. The 17 I do believe is up to 100-115 max hp and the 18 I do believe was 115hp -150hp.I was gonna rebuild a 17 (and put my 90four stroke on it)from ny but just to long of a haul back to va and the guy wasn't easy to work with even over a six month period.they hold there value very well. 

Expect a 17 to cruise around 25 and max out Around 35-40 wot.

Fishes two people real good .3 is ok,Any more gets crowded. 

Edited by 757saltwater

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:05 PM, jetyjim4 said:

I have a 1997 with a 75 HP Yamaha motor. Great back bay boat and out front on good days. Absolutely love this boat! Not sure about the difference in sizes though.

IMG_2110.JPG

Always loved that boat. If you need to stay small it fits the bill and is built like a tank !!!!