JaseB

It's a 1492 Friday!

Rate this topic

135 posts in this topic

Loong weekend ahead.   Drop the kids at school tomorrow morning with the truck packed and my bride of soon to be 13 years and head toward the Eastern Shore of Virginia.  An Oysterfest is the official reason, but fishing, partying with some friends we only see a couple of times a year, debauchery and excess of all sorts and 4 days without the kids. One of my favorite weekends of the year.  Busy packing tonight. 

What'cha got going on for the Columbus day weekend?  Anyone pillaging the native's to keep in line with the Holiday's original true meaning?  Time to steal you hubcaps back from P10!

That's pretty slick, just dump the kids at school and let them take care of em.

I think I'm gonna take tomorrow off, spread some topsoil.

Saturdays plan is to throw some plugs at some rockpiles at first light for stripers, then scout around for albies - the question is where - Northfork, Fishers, or Plum?

Then Sunday/Monday, finish planting the damn grass. 

32 minutes ago, makomakoman said:

Looking at colleges with my daughter in the great state of Virginia

Listen up Mainer, we're a Commonwealth.  They might not let you in if you keep talking like that. 

Make sure you hit Top of the Stairs aka TOTS, Big Al's, Hokie House, PK's and Champs.  I rolled down every single step coming out of Champ's on my 21st, and Big Al's 15 minutes later for that matter.

34 minutes ago, Billybob said:

Saturdays plan is to throw some plugs at some rockpiles at first light for stripers, then scout around for albies - the question is where - Northfork, Fishers, or Plum?

heading for the nofo tomorrow. i'll try not to toss any metal at any makos and :wave:

35 minutes ago, Billybob said:

They said tuition was all inclusive. We're going to test the boundary's of that premise.

11 minutes ago, rocco said:

heading for the nofo tomorrow. i'll try not to toss any metal at any makos and :wave:

Really?

What's your plan?

I'm not going until Sat, and we'll be in the new boat. 

1 minute ago, Billybob said:

Really?

What's your plan?

I'm not going until Sat, and we'll be in the new boat. 

all up in the air but i'll be out there until monday, my buddy got a place out there a year or so ago. i'm thinking we start off chasing striper basses from terra firma in the dark, maybe do some albie lookin' during the day. he also has a cobia 21, so i wouldn't mind doing some toggin' and sea bassin'.

only problem is i think there will be 5 of us, so probably not all on the boat at once.

23 minutes ago, JaseB said:

Listen up Mainer, we're a Commonwealth.  They might not let you in if you keep talking like that. 

Make sure you hit Top of the Stairs aka TOTS, Big Al's, Hokie House, PK's and Champs.  I rolled down every single step coming out of Champ's on my 21st, and Big Al's 15 minutes later for that matter.

I forgot to ask you.. what's a good place to eat there?  I'm sure my two oldest will like walking around campus on a Friday night..  :squid:

14 minutes ago, makomakoman said:

I forgot to ask you.. what's a good place to eat there?  I'm sure my two oldest will like walking around campus on a Friday night..  :squid:

What do you mean good?  Like burger, wings and beer, or like a place with a tablecloth?  Pks has good pizza and wings, burgers.  But I'm sure there is far more now. We only get back every couple of years.

Walking around campus?  Maybe for 15 minutes unti they find out downtown is one block over from Burress student center.

3 minutes ago, JaseB said:

What do you mean good?  Like burger, wings and beer, or like a place with a tablecloth?  Pks has good pizza and wings, burgers.  But I'm sure there is far more now. We only get back every couple of years.

Walking around campus?  Maybe for 15 minutes unti they find out downtown is one block over from Burress student center.

ok.. thanks

We are staying downtown.  

7 minutes ago, makomakoman said:

ok.. thanks

We are staying downtown.  

Go to Hokie House and order yourself a Two Hicks and a Turkey.

I'm off to San Francisco in the morning - a free trip on the AA airmiles for me and the Bride. a night in Sausalito we're taking a drive up the One to Sonoma where we'll have five days, then trip back down to SF for three days.

She will continuing her Sommelier career with her Sister and Mom, while your boy here will be trolling for LL Steelhead and Kokanee with a guide and then DIY swinging flyes on the American River for Steelhead and King/Chinook Salmon., with a short jaunt to Napa town for river stripers. or some tailwater trout on Putah Creek.

We have reservations at Rivers End in Jenner, Bistro 28 & Barndiva in Healdsburg, Diavolo Salumeria in Geyserville, Spinnakers in Sausalito, Sushi Ran in Sausalito (on the way back), Fog Harbor in SF, R&G Lounge in Chinatown and Tin in Little Saigon. There;s also the Pickled Pig I want to grab BBQ take out from.

When it comes to food and fishing I'm pretty organized :D

Edited by Aquacide

3 hours ago, JaseB said:

Loong weekend ahead.   Drop the kids at school tomorrow morning with the truck packed and my bride of soon to be 13 years and head toward the Eastern Shore of Virginia.  An Oysterfest is the official reason, but fishing, partying with some friends we only see a couple of times a year, debauchery and excess of all sorts and 4 days without the kids. One of my favorite weekends of the year.  Busy packing tonight. 

What'cha got going on for the Columbus day weekend?  Anyone pillaging the native's to keep in line with the Holiday's original true meaning?  Time to steal you hubcaps back from P10!

Crisfield..??