Carl Blackledge

Tibor reels

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

You're probably not going to find any bad reviews on them. To sum up about a million internet threads in them "they are of the highest quality, maintain the cork and they will last a lifetime"

I have 6 of them also. Once I started Albie fishing a few years ago, I just went ahead and upgraded all of my equipment and although expensive, I'm very happy with Tibor and all of their reels. I only own the original Tibor type, none of the signature series- so while they are a bit heavier they are like holding an expensive high-quality watch. And they sound incredible when an Albie decides to run on one!

Edited by mattlav18

I would certainly rank my Tibor Everglades in the top two reels I've ever owned. I think that their are two old standbys in terms of old school American reliability: Abel and Tibor. Hatch would be a newer company of the same quality. 

When you hook hook into the fish of a lifetime, no matter what continent it may be on, the drag on the Tibor will serve you very well. 

I had a tibor riptide come to my posession after washing up on the beach. The outside is torn to shreds, but I sent it to tibor, they replaced the guts, and I use it for my 375gr floater line.

Great reel, just in todays market I'd be hard pressed spending that much on one.

20 hours ago, Carl Blackledge said:

Hey guys,

Anybody here use Tibor reels?

Carl

16 hours ago, teedee said:

I have six, like them all.

I second the SIX ... but I'm counting one Billy Pate Salmon reel amongst my lot.

There customer service is top notch. I bought a Tibor Signature reel from a local dealer and noticed that the drag system was not quite right. Turns out what I thought was a new reel was in fact used. I sent it into  Tibor and  they upgraded the drag all for only 35!

FishHawk