blackdogfish

Anti-Korkers?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Looking for something that will go over studded boots and cover up the studs.

Sometimes I'll go into a store between spots or after to get ice or coffee....want to avoid the clik clik and damaging their floor.

Or, I'm approaching a fishing spot near houses, walking on pavement or sidewalk...and want to be stealthy and not have the loud CLIK CLIK at 2AM.

Need something like anti-korkers.  Like my studded boots 99% of time...don't want to use felt boots and add korkers for fishing.

Korkers does make a product to go over workboots and provide protection to floors or roofs...for $80, but you have to buy another $20 set of soles if you don't like their super soft foam sole.

Any ideas?  Want to keep this well under $50

Found some.  Tingley commuter rubber overshoe.  Lightweight so they can be rolled up and stuffed in a pocket or under belt.

Going to try them.  Hope studs don't just slice holes and shred them immediately

Saw some others that were more like slip-in sandals (STABILicers Grippers) that looked good (USA made too) but not as easy to stow when fishing.

....... walk softer...... LOL

You should see the looks I get when I walk into WAWA with my korkers on at 4AM... bunch of pimped out club chippies standing in line to get their drunk food and me sliding across the floor with carbide tips.... pretty funny actually....

If you got boot foot waders no idea... but with regular waders I just carry a pair of oversized cheapo slippers that fit over the neoprene socks on my waders. I pop my boots off and wear slippers when Im driving from spot to spot or stopping in wawa. I look like a lunatic who escaped from a mental institution but they don't tear up peoples floors or get stuck to my gas pedal. 

4 hours ago, fmtuna said:

....... walk softer...... LOL

You should see the looks I get when I walk into WAWA with my korkers on at 4AM... bunch of pimped out club chippies standing in line to get their drunk food and me sliding across the floor with carbide tips.... pretty funny actually....

I can picture it.... with waders and headlamp ...very funny

3 hours ago, Cfinnely68 said:

If you got boot foot waders no idea... but with regular waders I just carry a pair of oversized cheapo slippers that fit over the neoprene socks on my waders. I pop my boots off and wear slippers when Im driving from spot to spot or stopping in wawa. I look like a lunatic who escaped from a mental institution but they don't tear up peoples floors or get stuck to my gas pedal. 

That's the thing... I don't want to take off my boots.... either going into store or to/from a spot