Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Will

WTB Used century

9 posts in this topic

I have a Slingshot 1267 that I purchased on the BST. Here is the original ad http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/638264-wts-custom-century-1267/?hl=1267

The description isn't completely accurate. I'm pretty sure the guides are not titanium (I tested them with a magnet. A magnet sticks to it and titanium is a non-magnetic metal). The rod also has some areas of spray paint on it. I don't know if this is masking anything. Also, the epoxy or clear coat over the stripper decal is pretty sloppy. I have test cast this rod once or twice. There doesn't seem to be anything obviously wrong with it. However, it's too fast for me and I have subsequently bought a Nor Easter that is more to my taste.

I paid $375 for it. I would like $200. Since I don't know what is under the spray paint, I have to sell this on the basis that the purchaser accepts the risks of the purchase. I will pack it securely and ship it with tracking. However, once it gets to you, my responsibility is over. There is no warranty of any kind. Let me know if you are interested.

I also have a Nor Easter Kevlar Rockhopper rated 1-5.  Here is the original ad for that rod.  I would like $300 for that rod which I only cast a couple of times (never fished it). 

Shipping is extra for either rod.  Thanks,

30 minutes ago, HKJonathan said:

I have a Slingshot 1267 that I purchased on the BST. Here is the original ad http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/638264-wts-custom-century-1267/?hl=1267

The description isn't completely accurate. I'm pretty sure the guides are not titanium (I tested them with a magnet. A magnet sticks to it and titanium is a non-magnetic metal). The rod also has some areas of spray paint on it. I don't know if this is masking anything. Also, the epoxy or clear coat over the stripper decal is pretty sloppy. I have test cast this rod once or twice. There doesn't seem to be anything obviously wrong with it. However, it's too fast for me and I have subsequently bought a Nor Easter that is more to my taste.

I paid $375 for it. I would like $200. Since I don't know what is under the spray paint, I have to sell this on the basis that the purchaser accepts the risks of the purchase. I will pack it securely and ship it with tracking. However, once it gets to you, my responsibility is over. There is no warranty of any kind. Let me know if you are interested.

I also have a Nor Easter Kevlar Rockhopper rated 1-5.  Here is the original ad for that rod.  I would like $300 for that rod which I only cast a couple of times (never fished it). 

Shipping is extra for either rod.  Thanks,

I looked at the pics and can’t see it. Is it on the bottom section of the rod? If it is that shouldn’t be a problem 

As long as the spray paint is on bottom section and there’s no noticeable deep scratch showing through I’ll take the slingshot and will pay shipping. Pm sent 

I don't see any deep scratches at all and no indication that there are deep scratches under the paint.  The paint shows up as ripples and droplets but is not limited to the bottom of the rod (I am going from memory here since I haven't looked at the rod in a while).  I'll see if I have some photos of the paint which I can PM you hopefully tonight.  Thanks

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0