Southcoastphil

"Striper Time" from 1956. Classic!

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Seeing a video like that makes me want to learn how to cast a conventional surf setup!! The weights might've been a little overestimated .. but super cool video, makes me want to take a time machine back to the old days of surfcasting! 

From what I have been told, most surf casting was done during normal daylight hours. There may of been a few sharpies who fished at night but most serious fishing was done in the day light. Making one think, what would they of caught if they fished the dark?

Peace

The kid crossing the street (staged) at 43 seconds is Terrol Lance Veeder, raised on the island, son of Carl Veeder, a guide at the time.  The fish in my avatar were taken on Carl's boat, Laura K, in the mid 50's.  The sign behind me reads

VEEDER

BASS GUIDE

Terry and I still fish the Pig's and surrounding waters

1 hour ago, Cuttyhunker said:

The kid crossing the street (staged) at 43 seconds is Terrol Lance Veeder, raised on the island, son of Carl Veeder, a guide at the time.  The fish in my avatar were taken on Carl's boat, Laura K, in the mid 50's.  The sign behind me reads

VEEDER

BASS GUIDE

Terry and I still fish the Pig's and surrounding waters

Thanks for the info.  Always gets me in the end when he says a good 45lber. 

I noticed the guy on the boat casting one lure and brought the dead bass in on another lure. The surfcaster brought in two dead bass on different lures than the one he cast out. The video is so funny to me as the bass don't fight and his reel clicker is always on. Interesting video of old school fishing that have not changed.