Southcoastphil

"Striper Time" from 1956. Classic!

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

The fishing was so much better then that I would even consider giving up some of the apps on my eye phone to go back in time. 

Anyone willing to lend me 1.21 gigawatts?

Edited by charliestriper

10 hours ago, Striper Silly said:

Thanks for posting this, I thought it was awesome. Ok, so the weights were probably exaggerated and the fish were probably put on the lure to reel in, but I still thought it was cool!

Oh most definitely put the fish on the lure for filming purposes.  Still a great video.  

On 9/25/2017 at 11:50 AM, Highlander1 said:

Great video- maybe a bit optimistic on identifying the fish as 20 and 45 lbs., more like 12-15 and 25-30. No crowds is the best part!

The guy is 7'-10", that's why the fish look small. He's holding a 12' rod too. LOL

On September 25, 2017 at 0:02 PM, Pauleye said:

It looked like each fish was dead when brought to hand.  Must have been previously caught and the action shot staged for maximum dramatic effect.

Considering it was shot on professional grade film, at the time a considerable expense , it makes sense.

Very different than the essentially free unlimited video that we are now spoiled with.

5 minutes ago, Ebbtide231 said:

Considering it was shot on professional grade film, at the time a considerable expense , it makes sense.

Very different than the essentially free unlimited video that we are now spoiled with.

I don't have a problem with the filming techniques. I was just pointing it out, as I was amused by it. No GoPros back in 1956.