Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveZ

1509 fans

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Talked to Freddie (AI Guy) yesterday and he showed me NEW Rainshadow heavers...1508 and 1509 made from their RX7 graphite.  Both rods have the 70/30 split.  He said they'll only build the blanks in wholesale lots, so anybody that wants one will have to hook up with a big time rod builder.  Since the 1508 also has the 70/30 split I'd guess it is modeled after the original SU1508.  Give Freddie a buzz if you want more info.  He told me the rod ratings...but my memory...old sucks as well as rules.

Just for giggles:  My drum rods are Rainshadow SUR1508 coupled with Abu 6500 CT Mag reels.  I can fish with anything I choose...and I choose this rig. 

After reading some old discussion here I found a SUR 1508 blank a few years ago and wrapped it up. It's a real nice rod that I enjoy fishing. I wish they still made them, I'd wrap another. 

On 9/23/2017 at 11:13 AM, SteveZ said:

Talked to Freddie (AI Guy) yesterday and he showed me NEW Rainshadow heavers...1508 and 1509 made from their RX7 graphite.  Both rods have the 70/30 split.  He said they'll only build the blanks in wholesale lots, so anybody that wants one will have to hook up with a big time rod builder.  Since the 1508 also has the 70/30 split I'd guess it is modeled after the original SU1508.  Give Freddie a buzz if you want more info.  He told me the rod ratings...but my memory...old sucks as well as rules.

Just for giggles:  My drum rods are Rainshadow SUR1508 coupled with Abu 6500 CT Mag reels.  I can fish with anything I choose...and I choose this rig. 

how is the weight of the new rx7 blank compared to the older ones, im looking at a rx7 1509

2 hours ago, Jim McFeeley said:

how is the weight of the new rx7 blank compared to the older ones, im looking at a rx7 1509

I have no idea.  Contact AI Guy.