makorider

Bad Winter? Been losing leaves for two weeks

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

Been seeing local trees turning colors for two weeks now.

Had to blow my lawn last week before I could mow.

NEVER remember leaves changing or falling in September.  We certainly didn't have a drought.

Is it me....that I never noticed, or are things way ahead and we are getting ready to be crushed this winter?

Edited by makorider

I was waiting for the schoolbus with my 5 year old on August 30th and she noticed the first tree turning orange - that's like 4-6 weeks early for here.

It's already looking like fall here. Leaves are very dark shades of green tobeginning to change over. If it gets cool like it's supposed to in about a week for a few days we'll have full blown fall happening by the beginning of Oct

8 minutes ago, Jdeadman66 said:

We are weeks ahead of schedule here. I like it. I hope we get crushed with snow ice and cold this winter. Give me lots of wind from the north too.

I'm not hoping for any of that. 

9 minutes ago, gobigblue said:

my oak trees in back are dropping acorns like crazy, also supposed to be some old indian wives tale about a bad winter coming, or something

We picked up two wheelbarrows full from just one tree at my gf house. My friend takes them to bait the deer and I hope to get some venison out of it. 

Same here.  Lots of leaves just changed to brown or shriveled up and fell while still greenish.  I assumed it was due to the stress from the gypsy moths, although the ash trees were not affected by the gypsies and they are also dropping leaves like crazy.