Wildcard777

Century Nor'easter - a similar rod but lighter

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I own a Century NorEaster 10' rated 1 - 4. Love the action but it's a little too heavy at times for my aging shoulder.  Does anyone know of a blank with similar moderate action but much lighter? thanks in advance.

On paper this rod seems a different, but I would say to check out the surfmachine. Much lighter weight but just as powerful. It is a faster blank but you don't have to put everything into every cast. The rod does a lot of work for you. Ive done demos with it from people 19-70 and once they get the feel for it, they usually admit how effrtoless casting it is. I have a shoulder that's got some serious issues and it doesn't wear me out at all. I fish the 10' noreaster heavily as well, but that wears me out faster than my 11' surfmachine 

If you really prefer the moderate action though the s2 is a great recommendation as well as the 10' s1. 

If you want to try anything let me know. I have both the graphene and standard s2 as well as a 10' s1. 

I'm not sure if you have considered your reel choice as well, but depending on what your using it could make a noticeable weight difference. 

Also, if your shoulder is like mine, a slightly wider or narrower grip (reel seat placement) could change things for the better as well.