Terry Mac

Pelican lanyard type light?

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Hey fellas, i broke my last Princeton Tec that i used for night fishing (looks similar to the pic below). I like the lanyard around the neck verses wearing a headlamp.

I was going to order a pelican last night but got a headache seeing how many different ones are out there. What do you guys like? 

I want something small like my last one and it needs to be waterproof and reasonably priced. I also like the twist on twist off at the top verses a switch.

I also prefer the smaller AA batteries. Red lense option, yea that would be nice but not a deal breaker. Do you like LED or prefer something else.

Thanks for your time :howdy:      

p Tec.JPG

Still pissed at that thing. Think it lasted three trips. One being the canal which  isn't hard on gear, other than your rod/reel. 

Edited by HugeDinghy

For crying out loud, do you want me to hold your hand while you pick one out !

A smaller AA battery, would be a AAA......... DUH !!!!!!!

Grow a set of balls and push the following buttons "Add to Cart" and then "Proceed to Checkout", for Pete's sake.  :bucktooth:

Edited by Wayne Tj

1 minute ago, HugeDinghy said:

Still pissed at that thing. Think it lasted three trips. One being the canal which  isn't hard on gear, other than your rod/reel. 

I used to go through three lights a year until I bought this one.  Dropped it in the brine a couple times too and no problem. :shrug:  

I might have had a dud or an old model. You had to turn the fuqn thing on by loosening the end, with the light. Was just a dumb design, along with being...weak, I guess. 

Edited by HugeDinghy

yeah, twisting the end is dumb.  Truth be told I only bought because the light I was using that night **** the bed so I ran back and bought this and it's the only light they had.  I went through ton's of mini mag's in my lifetime and figured this one would be just as disposable.  At least it's not metal so it doesn't hurt my teeth.  

9 minutes ago, Wayne Tj said:

For crying out loud, do you want me to hold your hand while you pick one out !

A smaller AA battery, would be a AAA......... DUH !!!!!!!

Grow a set of balls and push the following buttons "Add to Cart" and then "Proceed to Checkout", for Pete's sake.  :bucktooth:

ok pick one out for me Sir and i will order as soon as you respond. :howdy: 

Princeton tech amp 1.0 or 3.5, I've had one for 7 years and still going strong. Not the brightest but always works. And it has a built in bottle opener!

Edited by IsmailG