Patrick9915

On a scale of one to ten, how smart do you think you are?

Rate this topic

73 posts in this topic

The only real mark of an educated person is one learns enough to comprehend how little one really knows. 

As for innate intelligence, like IQ? That's a stupid measuring stick, like measuring basketball players strictly by height. I know a guy who brags about having an IQ in the 160s, and he (seriously) can't hold a job as a janitor. Plus, he's a jerk0ff on top of it.

6 minutes ago, Belmo said:

The only real mark of an educated person is one learns enough to comprehend how little one really knows. 

As for innate intelligence, like IQ? That's a stupid measuring stick, like measuring basketball players strictly by height. I know a guy who brags about having an IQ in the 160s, and he (seriously) can't hold a job as a janitor. Plus, he's a jerk0ff on top of it.

Yeah but he holds a degree in theatre.

4 minutes ago, fishinambition said:

Yeah but he holds a degree in theatre.

Worse: he's got an MBA from an Ivy League school. That he got in 1984: to be a white guy in his mid-20s, with an Ivy MBA, at that point in the economic history of are country, was to have a free pass to walk into the public square at high noon, jerk off the statue, and have money emanate from the statue's genitals. And he couldn't do jack (har!) with it. 

If you take away the dopers, the drunks, and the gamblers, then I don't think you can find someone with an Ivy MBA who's a bigger loser than him -- and his IQ is off the charts. It's why IQ as a measuring stick is, by itself, almost completely meaningless. 

14 minutes ago, MikeMc said:

who gives a ****? 

exactly!!! I bet there will be plenty more of these types of threads like that harbor freight garbage. :dismay: 

Hopefully Gadballs or Flerrick straighten this mess up!!!!!!!   

i can remove rebuild you car motor and put it back in.

i used to work on the industrial washers that had the old computer punch card readers on them, hundreds of wires, switches and relays, piece of cake :th: 

i still figure out refrigeration problems relatively easy that other people can't fix!

but i have to come on here to ask dumbass phone or computer questions,

so, who's smarter, me or one of you computer nerds ?

or belmo who remembers all the odds and gambling stuff,

or niffty who who could probably set up a whole rock concert!

im going with i'm probably above average on some weird sliding scale somewhere

3 minutes ago, redfishkiller said:

or belmo who remembers all the odds and gambling stuff,

If you can find a wager on my intelligence, bet the under. With both fists. :th: