Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jkrock

Do people really care what hollywood thinks?

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Jut curious.  i go to CNN and ABC and CBS,news websites  etc, and constantly there are stories about the political views from Hollywood.  Several of the major outlets are running stories of what jimmy Kimmel thinks about the new healthcare law being proposed.  There are stories about Colbert interviewing Hillary or making comments about trump.  There are stories about what some high school drop out actor said at the Emmys.  I was watching CNN this AM to find out about Hurricane Maria, and they kept running clips of Jimmy Kimmel's monologue.  Not too long ago it was Alec Baldwin's SNL skits.

Every time I see this stuff, I just shake my head at how far the 4th estate has sunk.

Does this really sway anyone?  Do people actually care what these actors opinions are? I hear about how low information, deplorable dumb Trump supporters are, but these nitwits seem to be targeting liberals.  you guys buying what they are selling?

Edited by jkrock

Hollywood is an echo chamber, and their collective influence continues to wane. From the Emmy ratings, or lack thereof, it's pretty clear that their opinions matter only to them.

Imagine Colbert's face when he learned nobody watched.....HAHAHAHA! :)

Edited by Cman

3 minutes ago, jkrock said:

Jut curious.  i go to CNN and ABC and CBS,news websites  etc, and constantly there are stories about the political views from Hollywood.  Several of the major outlets are running stories of what jimmy Kimmel thinks about the new healthcare law being proposed.  There are stories about Colbert interviewing Hillary or making comments about trump.  There are stories about what some high school drop out actor said at the Emmys.  I was watching CNN this AM to find out about Hurricane Maria, and they kept running clips of Jimmy Kimmel's monologue.  Not too long ago it was Alec Baldwin's SNL skits.

Every time I see this stuff, I just shake my head at how far the 4th estate has sunk.

Does this really sway anyone?  Do people actually care what these actors opinions are?

They are not trying to sway anyone.  They are trying to make money.  Period.  Lib/Con/Dem/Rep it doesn't matter.  Give 'em what they want for news. Once people get that the rest follows.

As for Maria, they will do lip service to it because the Weather channel is the standard for that stuff.  They got men and women in the middle of it hanging on to trees.  The others can't compete so they make a minimal attempt

1 minute ago, Surffishinfiend said:

Liberals love liberal circle jerks.

You are right.  I have never seen any conservatives ever  having conservative circle jerks in the PG or in conservative media.

15 minutes ago, moonbat said:

They are not trying to sway anyone.  They are trying to make money.  Period.  Lib/Con/Dem/Rep it doesn't matter.  Give 'em what they want for news. Once people get that the rest follows.

As for Maria, they will do lip service to it because the Weather channel is the standard for that stuff.  They got men and women in the middle of it hanging on to trees.  The others can't compete so they make a minimal attempt

I think they are trying to sway people.  Is hollywood any better than Russia?

5 minutes ago, jkrock said:

We try to sway people who do not think like us.  People who watch MSNBC have already been swayed to that perspective.  MSNBC is merely giving their audience what they want to hear.  

Conservatives who watch MSNBC are also watching for the entertainment value as well.  They aren't going to be swayed.

Edited by moonbat

13 minutes ago, jkrock said:

I have to admit, Russian movies suck, although Hollywood is closing the gap.

People do not care but idiots do and that is who they cater to. The useful idiots.... 

Edited by J

I think these stars are signing their death marches.   They cater to the elite liberals and they think their opinion matters to the entire world.   I don't watch any late night shows anymore,  hate all of them including fallon, he is just as bad lately.   Colbert should be in jail for his potty mouth rants against the president.  I never remember anyone publicly making such rude comments about a sitting POTUS and still having a job the next day.   I also am not buying or watching any movies from the outspoken liberal morons, deniro etc,   shame   they make good movies  or used to but their political interference ...(and i call it interference because its one thing to say who you agree with politically, but demonstrating against the president and making hate speeches during award ceremonies  etc  are just over the line) ...makes me so disgusted just watching them  I no longer enjoy their movies or want to see them.

I watch OAN and fox news mostly.  used to switch back and forth to CNN to see what their opposing views were like but since they all switched to an all  out pure  bashfest on the president no matter what he does, im done even watching them even for any kind of emergency coverage. 

Only time will tell how the public at large responds to their one sided tactics to brainwash us.   I think republicans best defense is to keep quiet and on the sidelines and let these fools think they are making a difference then kill them all at the polls during elections with our votes. I think most of america is sick of seeing how poorly they are reacting to the rest of the world  and wants the naysayers removed.  They have not done anything but hinder progress  because they are still crying over a lost election.

12 minutes ago, Baccigalup said:

They have not done anything but hinder progress  because they are still crying over a lost election.

The fact they cry about Trump winning or otherwise does not hinder a damn thing legislatively.  Reps can still put forward bills and pass them with a Rep. president.

Liberal crying does not effect that unless Reps and DIC supporters wish to join the victim club too.

Edited by moonbat

Left wing talking heads do the same thing as right wing talking heads, they preach to the choir. I'm sure the number of right wingers who watch Colbert is about the same as the number of left wingers who watch Fox News. Righteous indignation sells on both sides. Life really is better if you just turn off the tv....