scoobydoo

2017 New Berkley fireline Ultra 8.....Original fireline fused upgraded...thread has been updated with some KBS and ABS

Rate this topic

184 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I remember before gliss came out...A few moronic fishing publications printed articles about how the company was using HEMP fibers to create the newest in fishing line tech...they actually printed articles expounding upon a mis spelling of HMPE

Google hemp fishing line..lol

There is nothing like the "high" of reeling in a huge fish on light line while he "smokes" your drag/reel...

TW grew too big. Too arrogant. There was 2 direct competitors basstackledepot and thehookuptackle.  BTD couldn't keep up and went kaput.  Only THUT remains. Discount codes are fewer and less percentage when they do offer it. 

Just now, hobobob said:

TW grew too big. Too arrogant. There was 2 direct competitors basstackledepot and thehookuptackle.  BTD couldn't keep up and went kaput.  Only THUT remains. Discount codes are fewer and less percentage when they do offer it. 

I was surprised to see BTD go under.  But at the same they seemed to exist solely on carrying stuff tw didn't.

20 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Wooow..this is some cool stuff....actually translucent not white.

Very smooth...very very wirey.

Did you get it ??  I ordered mine last night........

4 minutes ago, yogiiiboy said:

Did you get it ??  I ordered mine last night........

Original 14lb vs Ultra 8 14lb

20170921_140639.jpg

Edited by scoobydoo

23 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Wooow..this is some cool stuff....actually translucent not white.

Very smooth...very very wirey.

Perfect! Fireline Crystal was wiry and not smooth. So this is smooth like Nanofil but wiry like Fireline. Now the S/W just needs to be above 2.2 and we have a winner.

1 minute ago, aquaholik said:

Perfect! Fireline Crystal was wiry and not smooth. So this is smooth like Nanofil but wiry like Fireline. Now the S/W just needs to be above 2.2 and we have a winner.

Very wirey...maybe even more so than the original.  I can pinch off about 15" and it will still stand out (like a tape measure.  I dig it!!

It's almost on par with nanofil in terms of how smooth it is.  That stuff was like glass....

This stuff feels like it's pretty darn tough

I have 4,6,8, and 10 in translucent coming. The 8 and 10 are 1500 yds spool, blind faith in Berkeley.

Do a FG in 4 and 6 lbs. It should have about 90% strength in those sizes. Or do a PR and we should know how it stacks up to Fireline Crystal. Only problem I had with Fireline Crystal was the 6 lbs. Got section that are 12 lbs and section that are 18 lbs. Very inconsistent thru out the spool.

7 turn uni pulled out very easily..bare handed....hmmmmmmmm.....that sucks...I love uni's

Very nanofil ish

15060181240151367517591.jpg

Edited by scoobydoo

I have some 30 lb. in smoke coming...will replace my Berkley Professional, which I love, on my Van Stall...guaranteed to beat on it this fall and all spring.

Will report back soon...

6 minutes ago, aquaholik said:

I have 4,6,8, and 10 in translucent coming. The 8 and 10 are 1500 yds spool, blind faith in Berkeley.

Do a FG in 4 and 6 lbs. It should have about 90% strength in those sizes. Or do a PR and we should know how it stacks up to Fireline Crystal. Only problem I had with Fireline Crystal was the 6 lbs. Got section that are 12 lbs and section that are 18 lbs. Very inconsistent thru out the spool.

Only have the 14 at the moment.  Waiting on the 4 and 6 to show up.

1 minute ago, Kima said:

I can't get the Berkley site to work, just the little spinning loading symbol...

Choose the quick select. Don't do the drop down box. Also you must fill in shipping info in order to see the apply coupon code box.