scoobydoo

2017 New Berkley fireline Ultra 8.....Original fireline fused upgraded...thread has been updated with some KBS and ABS

Rate this topic

184 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Nice!!  Report back!

No prob!

Scoob-

  i was just perusing the net.....Let me ask, is this a superline or braid?  Berkley seems to call it a braid. In the past, Berkley called this "superline"............any difference or much to do about nothing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yogiiiboy said:

Scoob-

  i was just perusing the net.....Let me ask, is this a superline or braid?  Berkley seems to call it a braid. In the past, Berkley called this "superline"............any difference or much to do about nothing?

Fireline is made of woven strands like regular braid but then it is fused together. OG was 4 strands fused. Ultra 8 is 8 strands fused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sacrifice a lil bit for Aquaholik testing! I gotta try some of that line that casts as far as a breakoff. Swear I've sent some 3 oz diamond jigs off into the sunset on breakoffs with my 9ft. Tried to show off one day and snapped off, looked like it went over 200 yards easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Noodles said:

Fireline is made of woven strands like regular braid but then it is fused together. OG was 4 strands fused. Ultra 8 is 8 strands fused.

So is it still technically considered a "Superline"........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yogiiiboy said:

So is it still technically considered a "Superline"........

Pretty much anything made of HMPE or dyneema/Spectra are considered superlines.

Edited by Noodles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Pretty much anything made of HMPE or dyneema/Spectra are considered superlines.

I remember before gliss came out...A few moronic fishing publications printed articles about how the company was using HEMP fibers to create the newest in fishing line tech...they actually printed articles expounding upon a mis spelling of HMPE

 

Google hemp fishing line..lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hobobob said:

For today only, 30% off any product at the berkley site for the early adapter, testers.

30% off until Sep. 23. 

Just ordered 300 yard spool of 14lb. Came out to $30 total and free shipping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just dealt with Tackle warehouse and their abysmal customer service.  I'd have to return the items i purchases and rebuy them to have them match the price......I didn't even receive the items yet......Last time they issued me a store credit when i contacted them via email about a price match.  This time  I called...10 minutes of walking the girl on the phone how to get the price...she asked her supervisor if they could match the price and it was declined since it was already shipped.....

 

Ordered 3 300 yard spools of berkleys site 4lb 6lb and 14...returning the TW order....

So fuggin stupid....glad they get to now eat the return shipping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CoffeeGrinder57 said:

30% off until Sep. 23. 

Just ordered 300 yard spool of 14lb. Came out to $30 total and free shipping.

Went on Berkely site but couldn't find the 30% discount. Help please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cascade said:

Went on Berkely site but couldn't find the 30% discount. Help please.

As far to the top of the page as possible  coupon code

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.