Doobster

Random Images V

Rate this topic

11,125 posts in this topic

39 mins ago, Rickman said:

Couldn't hear him due to the cicadas.  ;)

No kidding. Haven't heard a one up here. Didn't even hear any up the Poconos last weekend. Did hear them on tv watching golf, though. :laugh: 

Posted (edited) · Report post

This little guy was on the front porch. I put the cup there for perspective. That is a 20 oz cup. He is about 4 inches across. Cell phone photo.

By me this is a stream that feeds the lake and on the sloping banks there are hole with web's funneling into the web one day l poked it with a stick and out can wolf spider, l have to go there with my camera and see if there still there and my be get some pictures.

Edited by LB

I couldn't believe how fast this critter was. I touched it in the back with the cup and it ran several feet across the porch and down two steps also about 3 feet and into the grass in probably <2 seconds. Blazing fast. 

2 hours ago, LB said:

Any idea where this place is.

AR-170707981.jpg

Edited 33 minutes ago by LB

No, but what an interesting photo. I made it larger and enjoyed looking at all of the details. Pretty cool.

1 min ago, 2mcfisher48 said:

Pickwick, MN

Not MN. Locomotive is a Boston & Albany Hudson (4-6-4) which was a subsidiary of the New York Central. I say Massachusetts for sure

32 mins ago, Capt Buck said:

Not MN. Locomotive is a Boston & Albany Hudson (4-6-4) which was a subsidiary of the New York Central. I say Massachusetts for sure

I don't know where this is but they seemed to be fond of Pickwick Ale . Don't blame them I drink a few of them in the 70's .

3 hours ago, LB said:

Any idea where this place is.

The corner store has a Pickwick Ale sign... That was a Boston Mass beer by the Haffenreffer brewing company. My guess, somewhere near Boston.

1 hour ago, JAL said:

The corner store has a Pickwick Ale sign... That was a Boston Mass beer by the Haffenreffer brewing company. My guess, somewhere near Boston.

I'm thinking Cambridge area. On the bottom left corner, there's an ice cream shop. Can tell the name of the shop on the awnings, but on the roof, there's a clock displaying Time for Bushway Ice Cream. Bushway Ice Cream was in the Cambridge /Somerville area back in the day and could even be that factory back off to the right. I'm just drawing a blank on the stone columned building all the way to the rear. Possibly part of one of the local universities, a court house, library or something similar.