7,452 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Capt Buck said:

One upset eagle

101046011_1266096323734951_8683745813140078592_o.png

12 hours ago, MikeMc said:

The Jesus Eagle, walking on water.

He looks pissed

21 hours ago, Rickman said:

I think it is a fallfish. Too long and skinny to be a shad. The majority of the fish they catch there are shad though.

I always thought they had much deeper forked tails.  But they do have yellow eyes per the eagle picture.

Great shots.  Thanks for sharing them.

35 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Capt. Buck, what Ford is that? I've never seen anything like it.

1972 Ford Explorer Cab Forward  concept vehicle

37 mins ago, Skeeterbait said:

I always thought they had much deeper forked tails.  But they do have yellow eyes per the eagle picture.

Great shots.  Thanks for sharing them.

Thanks. I was just guessing on fallfish.

1 hour ago, Rickman said:

Thanks. I was just guessing on fallfish.

This one really looks like a fall fish.

One time we were on vacation in Florida on Sanabel Island over Xmas and we had an osprey bringing in a ladyfish twice a day and posing and munching on it just like that on a dead snag right off the second floor deck.  Really cool.

Once we went out to Orca Island in Washington State.  Lots of eagles there too.  One sat up in a tree watching me fish.  So when I cleaned my catch I left him a head and he came swooping in to take it.  So the next day same thing happened.  I took my fish home and he kept an eye on me and so I put the head and rack out on the railing of the deck.  He came swooping in and landed on the deck railing and picked up that tasty treat to the delight of a house full of family watching the show.  And the littlest cousin took the cake by shouting - OH Mommy!  That was a USA bird!

Yes it was.

5ed3149892339_5-30-20ConoDam_084.jpg.9e7d2392d9b044197436b813a8bdc513.jpg

50 mins ago, Skeeterbait said:

This one really looks like a fall fish.

One time we were on vacation in Florida on Sanabel Island over Xmas and we had an osprey bringing in a ladyfish twice a day and posing and munching on it just like that on a dead snag right off the second floor deck.  Really cool.

Once we went out to Orca Island in Washington State.  Lots of eagles there too.  One sat up in a tree watching me fish.  So when I cleaned my catch I left him a head and he came swooping in to take it.  So the next day same thing happened.  I took my fish home and he kept an eye on me and so I put the head and rack out on the railing of the deck.  He came swooping in and landed on the deck railing and picked up that tasty treat to the delight of a house full of family watching the show.  And the littlest cousin took the cake by shouting - OH Mommy!  That was a USA bird!

Yes it was.

5ed3149892339_5-30-20ConoDam_084.jpg.9e7d2392d9b044197436b813a8bdc513.jpg

Great story.