Crabba

Don't give up yet Maine!

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

43in at the fork. With a pinch measure probably a 45! Maxed out the 30lb boga and felt all of 35lb plus! A freaking sausage. Has to be my most rewarding big fish of the season if not my life. It was a 1 eel, 1 bite, 1 fish kinda night too. Almost put there for me to keep trying here. Maine fishing is tough man. So many variables to consider but I chalk it up to getting out there and hammering your spots you know produce biggens. Freaking love this ****

20170918_224553.thumb.jpg.773f0f71792ee430780988d5643015f5.jpg

Great fish!   Sounds like a lot of hard work paid off.  

You've got the winning formula for big fish in Maine, no magic secrets, just figure out spots with the potential to produce big fish and then spend a lot of time fishing there throwing things that big fish like to eat.  

Nice fish man, that's two for you over 40,or the ones you have posted anyway. That one is still eluding me for the year, 40 inch plus, now you need to upgrade to 60 lb scale....congrats...................

41 minutes ago, 7 Rivers said:

Nice fish man, that's two for you over 40,or the ones you have posted anyway. That one is still eluding me for the year, 40 inch plus, now you need to upgrade to 60 lb scale....congrats...................

Man that 60 lb boga is no joke. I'd have to get a cart to carry that beast! I feel fortunate to say I've caught 3 this year measuring 40 or better. Thought I posted my other one on here too. Was same place as this last one back on summer solstice night! Had some close to it back early summer out of some rivers. All from shore. Can't catch them off boats. I hope you get yours!

LOL, I have a 60 lb scale, digital, slips down the front of waders.  Like Maniac said in another thread, used to be fun in the fall. I remember watching peanut bunker (04, 05) driving themselves on shore to get away from stripers..Fall is nothing but a few blitzes now, from shore anyway..