Theraider41

Vehicle Plug Storage

Rate this topic

60 posts in this topic

What are people using for plug storage in their vehicles.  Anything as functional and beautiful as mine?  I also carry a tupperware with fresh water to rinse my plugs before I return them to their home.

plugs4.png

Edited by Theraider41

3 minutes ago, kurazy kracka said:

if you were use square tube (pvc downspout) you could fit 3-4x the number of plugs in there and it'd weight less than that pvc piping prolly

16114200_10103312015077187_2664141306110

What are you using fro the bottom. Mine tend to shift and something the bottom hook got caught underneath the down sprout, pita when it happens.

Just now, hobobob said:

What are you using fro the bottom. Mine tend to shift and something the bottom hook got caught underneath the down sprout, pita when it happens.

just the standard bottom from the crate.  I don't think many hooks really come close enough to getting caught under the downspout.  I think each section is 10-11" long. 

1 hour ago, kurazy kracka said:

if you were use square tube (pvc downspout) you could fit 3-4x the number of plugs in there and it'd weight less than that pvc piping prolly

Wow. I thought i had problems.  Thats some efficiency there. 

2 hours ago, kurazy kracka said:

Just found me a winter project!!! 

Thank you! 

Two surf bags, one for small plugs 3 tubes, and larger 8 tubes for big wood plugs. Also carry 3 plaino boxes filled and one spare reel.  Try to travel light, but it never works.

Got a bag for the back bays/north shore, a bag for the surf, a small belt bag for the jetty, and a few planos in the trunk that are labeled with those three categories.  They contain backups of stuff mostly.

My other thousand plugs or so are neatly kept in a tangled web of metal hooks, wood and plastic in a 5 gallon bucket in garage labeled "Tetanus".

6 hours ago, kurazy kracka said:

That's good stuff, man.. Thanks