Montauk fluke charters

Rate this topic

FisherMan120

Started going out to Montauk this year for fluke and plan to do it more next season. All fishing was done on PBs though, which was quite a headache at times with crowds/certain patrons onboard. Just curious for those that know the local boats well what charters are worth booking for the season ahead? Preferably one that doesn't mind to fish rough stuff for bigger fish. Thanks in advance. 

Which pb?  Have had great experience on the Miss Montauk.

"My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."
Hedley Lamar
"It wasn't the bullet that laid him to rest, was the low spark of high-heeled boys"
Jim Capaldi & Steve Winwood

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I noticed you and your buddy up there defending that boat in the other post. Glad to see your in favor of keeping 1800 illegal seabass. Prob happens on a daily basis. Keep up your bs your kids will have no fish to fish for in 10 years. 

Why don't you suggest this to your captain. Instruct your mates to watch what the customers are doing on their boat and stop your regulars and everyone  else from filling their entire cooler with fish on every trip. Have some respect for the ocean and stop defending the ass wipes who abuse it. 

Edited by Humboldt Squid

"Whoopsy Daisy"

18 hours ago, blacklabnh said:

listen dude they dont promote poaching go back to your podium 

Of course the captain will get on his load speaker and tell everyone the size limits and if someone asks he does not know do you keep illegal fish? Of course not. 

Ive been on party boats where I watch the captain and/or mates stand next to regulars watching people fill coolers. Some captains holding open the cooler top with 7 fluke in there knowing the limit is 3. It's ok it's a regular or I want to keep my customers happy. It also seems to be the boats who are always in the news papers for poaching. They do it again and again because they are not held responsible or the fine is so minimal it doesn't matter. So don't tell me to get off my podium you sir get out of the sewer and stop supporting this behavior.  The I've been on party boats were as soon as you catch a fish you must give it to the mate to measure and if he says you're allowed to put it in your cooler then you do it. So don't tell me the all do it either. 

So so if I see it they will not be getting my money and nor should anyone else spend their hard earned cash to support it. 

"Whoopsy Daisy"