Walnut

Sandy Point state park and Terrapin State park fly fishing

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I get sea sick easily so I only fish from shore. I use a surf spinning outfit there and that’s all I’ve seen. It’s a tight spot to fish with lures let alone fly fishing. Like someone said earlier then you have people who are there to catch as many fish as they can and keep whatever, legal or not. They set up 8 poles and dunk bait. I only go weekdays. 

On 9/13/2017 at 7:08 PM, Walnut said:

I was wondering if around the Sandy Point state park and Terrspin State park area if there was any fly fishing from shore to be had for stripers,  c&r only no keepers. Tight lines to all.

I've been walking my dog at Terrapin Park, and noticed that there are "no fishing" signs down at the beach. You could probably get away with it early in the morning, especially if it's rainy, as there aren't too many people there.

I lived across the bay in AA Co most of my life & never went to Terrapin Park. The post title says State park, but it's in fact a Queen

Anne County Park, not state. Most fishing that I did was on the Eastern Shore side of the bay, and I had fished & launched my boat at some Q A Co. parks in the past, and those required parking permits. There are fines if you get caught not having the permit. I would suspect, fines might apply if you get caught fishing where they have no fishing signs too.