Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

Blackfish Rods

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Billy 40 said:

However...How do you bucktail for fluke? If you one hand jig rapid fire style, no composite rod with glass in it is going to work properly. The tip will flex too much and it will take a lot of work to move teh jig. If you "normal" jig, like bounce, then let it drop, then bounce, slower, more methodical, kind of like bouncing a bait rig, the XC's are very nice for that.

I found this out after buying a jigging world carbon fiber jigging rod. Not great for fast jigging. I reeled up a 10 lb rock from 50' below with that rod but it makes me crazy the way that soft tip flexes when I'm trying to fast jig fluke. I do like the softer tip for blackfishing because i think it makes the rod harder for the fish to feel it on the bite. 

9 hours ago, Humboldt Squid said:

or maybe you can pick up a 732 blank for me in metallic  Lt green and ill get it wrap at some point.

Shipping is cheaper than driving  to SI, which  is a shame. I do not have  the 732 Light  Green in stock.

How you fish is  the most important  thing when deciding  what rod to use. There  is so much BS about what  is the best and look at what big fish  and how many I caught using this rod - it's useless information, all fluff and marketting. YOu as teh consumer has to weed throgh the BS, and figure out  what you like, how do you fish, what rod are you currently fishing  and what  do you like and dislike about it.

Anyone  who has ever dealt with me, knows I actually care try to find the best product that I sell for each perosn, and  quite often that doesn't happen. I rather lose a sale today and gain trust for a sale tomorrow.

PS> If you get one of my blanks from me, and it's not to your liking just return it or swap it  (as long  as it's not  a special order color). I'm going to be  in NJ a bunch the next month or 2, so meeting up shouldn't be too difficult.

On 11/9/2017 at 9:10 AM, Billy 40 said:

Mike, when  get back from Chicago next week I'll finish your rod. Handle is glued up, just have to wrap the guides and epoxy.

If u need me to drop off a blank or rod to any of these guys in nj let me know. I’m back and fourth daily. 

Triniron4 used his XC 733 for another big pool, this time $1500. He's also hit a $2500 and won a fishfinder, all using his Rodgeeks XC 733, 17-30# 3-10oz rating.

Update on what I have left from this batch of rods:

733 black (3), red (1)

734 Black (1)

ronnie 11-22-17 sound bound.jpg

On 11/9/2017 at 9:10 AM, Billy 40 said:

Mike, when  get back from Chicago next week I'll finish your rod. Handle is glued up, just have to wrap the guides and epoxy.

On 11/11/2017 at 0:39 AM, diklarsen said:

If u need me to drop off a blank or rod to any of these guys in nj let me know. I’m back and fourth daily. 

On 11/11/2017 at 5:02 AM, Billy 40 said:

thankd, I'll let you know

Cool. Perhaps you two could hook up with my rod and dik could you bring it to the trip next week? Thanks!

I am out of Light green Metallic 732's right now. i'm out of a lot of the 732's and 733's, I sold a lot of them this season. I am putting an order in which I anticipate recievign by the end of the year. IF oyu'd like me to order the 732 for you e-mail me xlrods@yahoo.com

IMG_2117.JPG

Today it was Dave Tats turn to join the growing  list of DD's caught on the ROdgeeks XC series. I'm expecting a lot more entries in teh coming  weeks, as several of teh top captains in teh area are using them, JErry on teh Fish Monger, MArk from the Waterproof, Richie Rockfish, Ralph and Joe mates on the MArilyn JEan. In addition to CAptain Greg and his brother Geoff from teh OCean Eagle who have been using them for the past 3 seasons.

Dave Tats 10# 12-3-17.jpg