Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

Blackfish Rods

Rate this topic

61 posts in this topic

I use a GUSA SW70LM for all my buck tailing up to 4 oz, it's best for under 2oz, but that 733 is like a telephone pole compared to a buck tailing rod, just my opinion....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I use a GUSA SW70LM for all my buck tailing up to 4 oz, it's best for under 2oz, but that 733 is like a telephone pole compared to a buck tailing rod, just my opinion....

are you using the 732 for tog or fluke or both? Just curious 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Humboldt Squid said:

Are you getting the 732?  Is that a good option for tog and bucktailing 2-4oz for fluke. 

 

THe  salesman answer is the  easiest one, I just  say yes. However...How do you bucktail for fluke? If you one hand jig rapid fire style, no composite rod with glass in it is going to work properly. The tip will flex too much and it will take a lot of work to move teh jig. If you "normal" jig, like bounce, then let it drop, then bounce, slower, more methodical, kind of like bouncing a bait rig, the XC's are very nice for that.

 

I personally use a 731 for everything, fluke, porgy, blackfish. My  friend  loves his 732 for 2-4oz jigging, and  733 for 4-6oz. I do not know  where you live/fish? I'm in SI, Grumpys Tackle in Seaside, NJ stocks the blanks - I'm going to be there doing a Workshop next WEdnesday the 20th if you want to meet up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I use a GUSA SW70LM for all my buck tailing up to 4 oz, it's best for under 2oz, but that 733 is like a telephone pole compared to a buck tailing rod, just my opinion....

I have Rodgeeks blanks  which are similar in everything to that blank...action, power, and blank weight @ probably 40% less $$$. See for you, the composite rods will not work for jigging, but there are a lot of people who jig teh old fashioned way, and surprisingly more than I realzied who use old glass rods. These are PERFECT for them. The trick is figuring out how each person fishes. Far too many people selling blanks and rods don't give a crap and just want to sell you anything, they are just lookinng for $$$. I'm looking for $$$ too, but I want to make it now and in teh future so I do teh best I can for everyone to get the right rod for their needs and style

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Billy 40 said:

I have Rodgeeks blanks  which are similar in everything to that blank...action, power, and blank weight @ probably 40% less $$$. See for you, the composite rods will not work for jigging, but there are a lot of people who jig teh old fashioned way, and surprisingly more than I realzied who use old glass rods. These are PERFECT for them. The trick is figuring out how each person fishes. Far too many people selling blanks and rods don't give a crap and just want to sell you anything, they are just lookinng for $$$. I'm looking for $$$ too, but I want to make it now and in teh future so I do teh best I can for everyone to get the right rod for their needs and style

Then the question for me is 731 or 732. I like fishing lighter. However, sometimes light rods don't like to stick a hook in a blackish with 8 or 10 oz on. So I'm looking for input on that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

731 is good to 6oz. It's nt teh right rod for fishing where we fish doesn't handle the weight. It's a llot of fun for me to fish,  but I would not make it for anyone for this fishing here. It's an AWESOME Blakfish jigging rod, especially as a spinner.

 

Get teh 732, that is a standard rod tha tI make for people wanting to Blackfish a little lighter and have fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hank...did you just call my 733 a telephone pole??? Don't ever fish next to ME again! I'll cut your effing line and break the tip off your 732, making it, for all intents and purposes a short 733. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mickrazz said:

Hank...did you just call my 733 a telephone pole??? Don't ever fish next to ME again! I'll cut your effing line and break the tip off your 732, making it, for all intents and purposes a short 733. 

He sure did making me second guess which model is correct for me. well if i had money pouring out my ass (which i dont) I would go this route. 733 blackfish all around 732 lighter tog larger deep water fluke.

now with that said Hank let me know when you are going to pick up your rod maybe ill come unless its a weekday then im working. or maybe you can pick up a 732 blank for me in metallic  Lt green and ill get it wrap at some point.

Edited by Humboldt Squid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.