Light weight distance rod

Rate this topic

8fishermen

On 9/14/2017 at 1:59 PM, Jig Man said:

CTS Vapor Trail, 3-6 oz, 11 foot and Lami 1322 are what I use for tailwater stripers here. Ultegra 5500 and 30# power pro. I have used my CTS 1-3 Vapor Trail, but if the water is moving good, you'll want more backbone to get a good striper out of current. Will also depend on the size fish that you are targeting. Under 15#, the 1-3 Vapor Trail might be ok. Larger, you'll want more backbone. 

You can also email CTS direct and see what they have in stock, $30 flat rate shipping and DHL is pretty fast, especially unpainted.  They had VT 1101 (11 ft 2-4 oz) and VT 1103 (11 ft 3-6 oz) in stock two weeks ago.  Love my VT 11 ft 3-6, pulled in about 8 or 9 bass this morning in the 17-27# range full current, no worries.

ODM 11 ft Genesis, 3/4 -4 oz is another option good for 1-2 oz lures and feels pretty light but as stated above it depends on your target fish size.  Had a day in the Spring with bass up to 34# with this rod and I was completely under gunned.  All fish were revived and released safely and luckily no one was close by having to wait on me but it was sketchy...never again.  Great blank though and good company.

Edited by lumo

Email to CTS has not worked for me - the website claims the Century Vectura-Ti  is available but it doesn't show up anywhere.

Anyone know if it's available as a blank ???

Morone Saxatilis... God put them in the Surf to take them, not in the freaking boat!

2 hours ago, frazerp said:

Email to CTS has not worked for me - the website claims the Century Vectura-Ti  is available but it doesn't show up anywhere.

Anyone know if it's available as a blank ???

Contact ryan white @ hatteras jacks. He is the us distributer of century  (advanced fishing usa). We've had them at shows so the blank is certainly available. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2017 at 8:17 PM, lumo said:

You can also email CTS direct and see what they have in stock, $30 flat rate shipping and DHL is pretty fast, especially unpainted.  They had VT 1101 (11 ft 2-4 oz) and VT 1103 (11 ft 3-6 oz) in stock two weeks ago.  Love my VT 11 ft 3-6, pulled in about 8 or 9 bass this morning in the 17-27# range full current, no worries.

ODM 11 ft Genesis, 3/4 -4 oz is another option good for 1-2 oz lures and feels pretty light but as stated above it depends on your target fish size.  Had a day in the Spring with bass up to 34# with this rod and I was completely under gunned.  All fish were revived and released safely and luckily no one was close by having to wait on me but it was sketchy...never again.  Great blank though and good company.

Are you saying the odm can't handle fish in the 30# range?

53 mins ago, sandbars said:

Are you saying the odm can't handle fish in the 30# range?

It handled them but not to my liking.  Under other cumstances I might be ok with it but not at the Canal during a spring tide

I met Ryan White at Hatteras Jack's this past Sunday, and bought a Stealth S-2, 11' 2-5 oz. This is the non-graphene version; my conscience ..... well, my wife in the car .... said No to the price differential that graphene requires. I'm not going to build it myself; Al Goldberg will get the blank.   

Ryan is a nice guy, and good at eliciting what you want to do with a rod, and making recommendations accordingly. I have particular preferences for the distance from butt cap to reel seat, and most rods don't have butts that are long enough. (His personal rod, that I tried, had a good butt length; the rods made up, ready for sale, I didn't like so much). I'm looking for max distance with 2-3 oz tins, up to 5 oz., and on a spinning rod. The right-thumb surgery I had to do awhile ago has left my thumb short of fine motor control needed for a conventional reel, so my 1322 / Mag525 is taking a bit of a back seat this fall. Spinning reels need a lot less finesse. This blank was Ryan's recommendation. 

Edited by BrianBM