Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cashews121

Public Access Beach?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I have a 14yr old cousin who lives in Marlboro..and he wants to try fishing from the surf for Fluke. I am from Brooklyn NY area,so I have no idea what the deal is in Jersey as far as access. Are there any beaches I can take him to to try for Fluke? Even next season if not this one. Thanks

I'm not a local but I'll give it a hack~  Season closed Sept 5th, but via surf or back waters they're around for sure.  Check state regs for limitations prior, and check out some John Skinner videos on YouTube for some tactics.  And have fun! 

Pretty much any beach will still be holding fluke. Take him to Sandy Hook, pick a nice looking stretch of beach and toss some plugs with a teaser  in the mornings or evenings. Ya might be surprised or you could get skunked.  Only way to know is to go.

It's officially locals summer so every beach is open (just don't let them know you're a benny)

Ahh, fluke from the beach. So much fun!!

Get a light rod and do what skinner does. You can still fish just cant keep. 

4/O octopus hook on thee teaser loop with white gulp 4" mullet. I use a sinker instead of a bucktail, cast and twitch it fast while reeling slow. 

Find a beach with jetties or rock piles and fish up close. Google earth is your friend. Good luck!

On 9/6/2017 at 3:04 PM, Sudsy said:

It's officially locals summer so every beach is open (just don't let them know you're a benny)

benny?

23 hours ago, Buckscorider said:

Ahh, fluke from the beach. So much fun!!

Get a light rod and do what skinner does. You can still fish just cant keep. 

4/O octopus hook on thee teaser loop with white gulp 4" mullet. I use a sinker instead of a bucktail, cast and twitch it fast while reeling slow. 

Find a beach with jetties or rock piles and fish up close. Google earth is your friend. Good luck!

I know how to fish,,just don`t know how google earth helps if I don`t know which area I am allowed to go to.

Just now, cashews121 said:

I know how to fish,,just don`t know how google earth helps if I don`t know which area I am allowed to go to.

Ah sorry. GE will help you find the rocks to fish next to. Of course some could be buried.

Ill send you a PM.

On 9/6/2017 at 3:02 PM, Fly By Nite said:

Pretty much any beach will still be holding fluke. Take him to Sandy Hook, pick a nice looking stretch of beach and toss some plugs with a teaser  in the mornings or evenings. Ya might be surprised or you could get skunked.  Only way to know is to go.

Sandy Hook? what does that mean? Where?

4 minutes ago, Buckscorider said:

Ah sorry. GE will help you find the rocks to fish next to. Of course some could be buried.

Ill send you a PM.

Appreciate the pm

On 9/6/2017 at 3:02 PM, Fly By Nite said:

Lot G

16 hours ago, cashews121 said:

benny?

An endearing term for someone not from the shore area. Commonly used, take no offense to it. At least you didn't get called a googan.

Most town beaches that require a badge or daily fee even allow fishermen access without the badge. At least that is what I found in Bay Head and Mantaloking.

If you have a pole in your hand you're allowed to walk on to the beach to fish without paying, period.  You might have to pay to park your car, but those daily fees the towns charge are for sun bathers and swimmers.  

On 9/6/2017 at 3:04 PM, Sudsy said:

Don't bring your lunch in a shoe box.