Knoxy10

Bourne Residents Beware

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

There was a lot of car break-ins, including mine.  A person was rummaging through the center consoles of cars and trucks looking for money.  My wallet and passport case were taken out of my truck.  Luckily my wallet was empty because I have another one I use now, but my passport case, which was my deceased fathers, is gone and I can't find it.  I just want Bourne, especially Sagamore Beach residents, to be aware.  

Lock your cars and be safe. 

Knoxy10

Most of the cars I saw in the last 2 weeks at the canal were not from MA, just saying

11 minutes ago, StriperSurg said:

Was your car unlocked?

Yes, but it was in my driveway.  My neighbours cars were broken into as well.  From now on it won't be unlocked in my driveway and we are getting surveillance cameras.  The person(s) hit a few houses and some of them did have cameras, but didn't catch them on footage :(

11 minutes ago, GuiltyAsCharged said:

This should be in the Mass forum

I thought that was for fishing, so I didn't post it there.  

5 minutes ago, ged said:

Most of the cars I saw in the last 2 weeks at the canal were not from MA, just saying

I agree, I keep my stuff in my truck, and ironically I wasn't broken into at the Canal or I would have gone nuts.

This isn't new by any means.

There have been many reports of break ins around the canal in many of the parking lots.

Most thefts are by drug losers, so there may be a chance of a repeat visit so be safe!

Unlocked with anything of value taken inside. Best way to go. Leave a couple of quarters in the cup holder. 

Locked you may here to deal with a smashed window. There have been several times when I've come across shattered window glass in one of the Canal lots. If a thief sees something that he really wants, locked doors won't stop him. 

This is has been happening a lot in Saggy Beach. Has to be one or two local kids with a big pill problem. 

Break ins to those fishing along the canal has been happening for over 70 years . it is not a new thing . In another time after a hard night of fishing every one would put the rods on top of the trucks ,car and go to sleep . Only after waking up did they find them all gone. The Bournedale parking lot was famous for that at one time. I do recall one culprit was caught and given a bath in the canal and then handed over to the police. It is a sad event however it still is happening so every one needs to be vigilant. Now a days it is what you leave on your bikes that takes a walk if you are not watching. It helps to take pictures of your gear and have it well marked for later identification