Gamakatsu

UnAmerican back in vogue

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

For eight years it was patriotic to criticize and question US foreign policy. Now criticism and recognition of failure is unAmerican. It means we're rooting for the other team. What's changed that brings the use of "unAmerican" back into vogue? It was really popular before 2009 too.

3 minutes ago, Gamakatsu said:

Now criticism and recognition of failure is unAmerican.

Who has stated that? 

UnAmerican, pro commie, America last. Look in the H bomb threads. We saw all of this frequently before 2009, but strangely it mostly disappeared from threads critical of foreign policy until now.

I've read the threads and nothing is recalled that supports your stance. 

I won't go searching for proof of what you believe. If you truly believe it, show us the quotes to back it up.

Posted (edited)

Reporting on a non-event is punishable.  You get to select you own punishment.  The Middle Class has survived all of the slings and arrows of the Obama Camp and are flourishing under Donald Trump!  The Washington Post Says that its True!

Edited by RJ
spelled survived wrong.

23 minutes ago, Gamakatsu said:

For eight years it was patriotic to criticize and question US foreign policy. Now criticism and recognition of failure is unAmerican. It means we're rooting for the other team. What's changed that brings the use of "unAmerican" back into vogue? It was really popular before 2009 too.

Depends what you're criticizing - when it's obvious that the lone reason for criticism is because it has Trump's name on it, then yes, it's unamerican. He has done some stuff worthy of criticism. However, the level to which the media just bashes everything with little to no evidence that they even know what they're criticism complete washes away the legitimacy of any criticism that may have otherwise been legit...They bashed his wife's shoes the other day - 'nough said. I'm surprised they didn't go after that little red bag he was holding yesterday and called it a purse

"Some people are so happy when the Commies win."

"With our Libs, you can count on America Last with them every single time."

"Only a liberal would take up for Un. America last..yay"

This in response to critcizing Trump's use of Twitter subsequent to a nuke test. The fact that I think he's a meathead for doing that makes me an America last commie loving UnAmerican.

4 minutes ago, albacized said:

Depends what you're criticizing - when it's obvious that the lone reason for criticism is because it has Trump's name on it, then yes, it's unamerican. He has done some stuff worthy of criticism. However, the level to which the media just bashes everything with little to no evidence that they even know what they're criticism complete washes away the legitimacy of any criticism that may have otherwise been legit...They bashed his wife's shoes the other day - 'nough said. I'm surprised they didn't go after that little red bag he was holding yesterday and called it a purse

We have people here who think trying dog meat and being born out of wedlock (something beyond one's own control) makes a man unfit for President. Is that UnAmerican too? The rules are confusing.

4 minutes ago, Gamakatsu said:

This in response to critcizing Trump's use of Twitter subsequent to a nuke test. The fact that I think he's a meathead for doing that makes me an America last commie loving UnAmerican.

Who are the snowflakes, again?

31 minutes ago, Gamakatsu said:

Those comments are in response to your views in totality, not based on one sentence.

7 hours ago, Gamakatsu said:

We have people here who think trying dog meat and being born out of wedlock (something beyond one's own control) makes a man unfit for President. Is that UnAmerican too? The rules are confusing.

Eating dogs is savage and definitely a sign of one's character. 

8 hours ago, Gamakatsu said:

The (N)nazi scare ......... you been sleeping?

"Yes, the President responded to an H bomb test by an adversary with a Tweet. He's a mo-ron."

Your words Gami, hardly a criticism of foreign policy.  Just a personal attack on Trump.  

24 minutes ago, fishinambition said:

Eating dogs is savage and definitely a sign of one's character. 

What about cats? You eat any Chinese?