Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huy

Daiwa x4 j-braids

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone have any experience with these new lines. It is daiwa latest braids. Supposedly it better for casting and lasts longer. Anyone here spool these braid up before and if so, what are your experience with it. Good or bad? And how does it compare to your favorite braid.

It is a standard 4 strand PE line.  It runs rough through the guides like most 4 strands.  Thinner than most 8 strands.  Been out in the field for a year and going strong.  Oh and its extremely economical.  If you like PP give this a shot.

2 hours ago, Shipwreck said:

It is a standard 4 strand PE line.  It runs rough through the guides like most 4 strands.  Thinner than most 8 strands.  Been out in the field for a year and going strong.  Oh and its extremely economical.  If you like PP give this a shot.

What do you mean it run rough? As in durability or rough on the guides and damage guides? Should I go with the x8?

No.  There are two kinds of braid.  Smooth and rough.  Neither hurt guides.  4 makes more noise.  Because its only 4 strands the strands are larger (thicker) than the strands on so they are more abrasion resistant as a general rule.   I you have open water and do alot of cast and retrive fishing with no rocks or barnacles 8 strand may be a better choice.

I use jbraid x4 and I find it a little more stiffer then x8 and the color bleeds a little faster. Having said that it's an excellent braid and prefer it over pp any day. It's also easy on the wallet.

Thank y

2 hours ago, CrashHard23 said:

I use jbraid x4 and I find it a little more stiffer then x8 and the color bleeds a little faster. Having said that it's an excellent braid and prefer it over pp any day. It's also easy on the wallet.

Thank you now I will try it.

2 hours ago, CrashHard23 said:

3 hours ago, Shipwreck said:

No.  There are two kinds of braid.  Smooth and rough.  Neither hurt guides.  4 makes more noise.  Because its only 4 strands the strands are larger (thicker) than the strands on so they are more abrasion resistant as a general rule.   I you have open water and do alot of cast and retrive fishing with no rocks or barnacles 8 strand may be a better choice.

Thank you for the advice. I'll give them a try