Should Texas be Allowed to Use DDT to Control Skitters?

Rate this topic

flyangler

Should Texas be Allowed to Use DDT to Control Skitters?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should Texas be Allowed to Use DDT to Control Skitters?

• Yes, temporarily because the short-term risks are worth controlling mosquito-borne illnesses. HLM!
    • Yes, but DDT should be allowed to be used more widely to control mosquitos which are increasingly a health risk.
    • No way! Our feathered co-habitants of Earth are far more important than humans. And even a temporary allowance of limited geographic usage would make bird-lovers everywhere sad and demoralized. BLM!

30 minutes ago, patchyfog said:

Did they use DDT in Miami when they detected Zika-carrying mosquitoes?

No they aerial sprayed organophosphate based insecticides like Naled and others.

Aerial Spraying and Mosquito Control

Is aerial spraying an effective tool for killing mosquitoes?

Aerial treatment of areas with products that rapidly reduce both adult mosquitoes and their larvae that carry the Zika virus can be effective. Repeated aerial applications of insecticide has reduced mosquito populations as a part of an integrated mosquito management program.

Is aerial spraying alone the best way to control mosquitoes?

• Aerial spraying is only one part of the solution for controlling mosquitoes, but it is the one method that can rapidly reduce the number of mosquitoes spreading Zika in a large area.
    • It is the most effective method when large areas must be treated quickly.
  • Aerial spraying is used as part of an integrated mosquito control program to quickly reduce the number of mosquitoes responsible for infecting people with viruses like Zika, dengue, or chikungunya.
  • An integrated mosquito control program includes
    • Source reduction.  Eliminating mosquito habitats, such as discarded containers and rain gutters.
    • Structural barriers, such as screens and enclosed, air-conditioned spaces, if possible.
    • Larval mosquito control using the appropriate methods for the habitat.
    • Adult mosquito control using insecticides.
    • Community education efforts related to preventing mosquito bites by wearing EPA-registered insect repellents and protective clothing (long-sleeved shirts and long pants).

Politicians and diapers should be changed often and regularly,  invariably for the same reason.

"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
Attributed to Abraham Lincoln.

23 hours ago, mikez2 said:

Damn you are a dark one! Whew!

I'm out man, you took it too deep for me. I thought we were talking about pesticides. 

(Spooky Twilight Zone music playing as Mike carefully backs away...)

I can understand your running away all creeped out. The towns nearby the nazi death camps were full of folks who supported the necessary elimination of undesirables, but were too creeped out to actually peek  through the fences. 

I am not calling you a nazi, or even a racist, just pointing out who it is that is actually killing little brown babies. Project Varitas gave us a quick peep through the fences of these modern healthcare clinics. We got a good look, too.

Like the nazis collecting dental gold and hair, they collect and sell the parts they rip from the bodies. If you ask me which I would prefer, the pesticide canister or ripping my limbs off, I would take the chambers. 

Keep in mind that the real horror of the death camps, was the sheer numbers that were killed. A number that has been dwarfed by what is occurring today. Yes, our modern system is ten times as efficient at eliminating the undesirables from amongst us.

When the burgermeister tells me to support the regime, and stay away from that area over there. Like a kid I ask why, and I did peak. 

I call BS here is the quote.

Sanger, 1939:

The minister’s work is also important and he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.

You’re not some crazy uncle you know!

I'm so glad I don't live in the fact-less bizarro world you live in...just sayin'.