BrianBM

Long Island gunshops

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

On 1/9/2020 at 9:16 PM, prican1 said:

What?!? Not intentionally I hope

Alas, yes. After killing his son, Dad offed himself, all (I'm guessing, but it's an informed guess) to punish his ex-wife.

On 1/9/2020 at 8:04 PM, BrianBM said:

A 69 count indictment, including substantial felonies. One charge pertains to the sale of a firearm to a felon (?) who used it in a later murder.

His lawyer, Anthony LaPinta, is one that I've met a number of times in Family Court. His major practice area is criminal law. So, at least he has had the good sense to retain someone who knows his way around the criminal court system.

Let's see what actually plays out in court. I remember when the owner of T&T got arrested in Nassau and the DA had a big press conference announcing the charges. Charges were dropped and he was awarded 5 million. Can't recall what happened with his civil case that he filed. 

On 1/13/2020 at 9:38 PM, BrianBM said:

That $5 million was presumably a settlement of the civil suit.

There was a second a action. As a result of the first settlement, a retaliatory investigation by Nassau was launched and T&T, along with 8 other defendants were arrested for selling illegally modified rifles. None of the defendants were ever indicted, the Grand Jury dismissed all charges against the Plaintiffs. So much for being able to indict a ham sandwich. 

Any shows coming up? I remember going to one in coram if I remember correctly a few years ago. I

have been looking for an new slug piece to replace my Mossberg 500 fully rifled barrel. I can't stand

the way the foregrip shakes side to side. Click clack, there goes the deer. Never had that problem with

my 870 wingmaster, but they want an arm and a leg for a rifled cantilever barrel.

Edited by 706On-a-Stick