BrianBM

Long Island gunshops

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

That they ain't, but I found a pullover rubberized butt cap online.  That will help some. 

If I win the lottery, I'll have to find a recoil-reducing butt that harmonizes well with all the old French oak or walnut stocks on the Searcy doubles I'll collect.   ;).

On 9/1/2017 at 6:51 AM, Foxtrapper said:

Yep that was us. I have been looking for 22 shorts seems like forever. Guess I have to look harder if guys are shootin there stash ! 

Campsite has a good amount of aguila 22 shorts if you're looking.

Edited by ThrowinPlugs

Have had a lot of good dealings with Bensons in the past, knowledgeable staff. I'm in Smithtown so been using Suffolk Sportsman for years. Al is a very accommodating guy, a pleasure to deal with.

Hopefully Brianbm doesnt mind me asking in his thread;

looking to get a 20g for birds and possible a rifle for deer hunting. Any shops people would recommend for second hand guns?

Edited by lisurfer49

Campsite has a used guns list on their website, updated monthly. Most all the others deal in used as well. Just need to call around and keep checking until you see something you like.

12 hours ago, prican1 said:

There's a spot called Chester's off Sunrise in Yaphank I think, they have everything there, used, old, new, vintage and some fishing gear too. 

Chesters is in ronkonkama just north of the expressway exit 59 , he is a dunce who counts money . If you go there ask to speak to Martin his knowledge man,he will put you on the gun you need for the right $ . And yes he has everything you need 

Edited by TheKnot

On 9/24/2017 at 0:44 AM, TheKnot said:

Chesters is in ronkonkama just north of the expressway exit 59 , he is a dunce who counts money . If you go there ask to speak to Martin his knowledge man,he will put you on the gun you need for the right $ . And yes he has everything you need 

Some kind of renovations going over there after months of inactivity since the arrest. Looks like someone is redoing that whole building.

On 9/24/2017 at 0:44 AM, TheKnot said:

The shop has been closed quite a while and Chester is looking at 25 years. Suffolk DA had a big presser today to announce it.

A 69 count indictment, including substantial felonies. One charge pertains to the sale of a firearm to a felon (?) who used it in a later murder.

His lawyer, Anthony LaPinta, is one that I've met a number of times in Family Court. His major practice area is criminal law. So, at least he has had the good sense to retain someone who knows his way around the criminal court system.