basenjib123

Albert?

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

Earlier this month I heard of your reports of Albies down there but i'm betting they were false (pun intended) 

I believe they were mistaken for Bonito which have been trickling in. Not thick by any means from what I have seen so far either... 

no albies yet. 

They're sctd around the vineyard in somewhat catchable numbers. Havent heard of any shore action- all boat stuff. One report of 10lb-size fish a day or so ago. Yet to hear of fish spotted or caught across the sound, Capeside. Supposedly there's an absolute crapton of bait on the island and it hasn't blown open there yet. I don't know how this fact translates to when RI opens up. Thats what I got on all things albert.

I'm pretty sure I've saw albert today...but very scattered and never within my casting distance from shore...it's a spot where I've seen and caught a couple of bonito this season and the fish I saw launching today were full fledged football shape...I need to hook up and confirm...LOL

I went from West Wall to Watch Hill yesterday. A lot more action where I started but mainly blue fish with schoolies mixed in. I didn't see anything I could say we're  funny fish