Plug Caddy Shack?

Rate this topic

Linesideslayer

9 hours ago, jeffreyrichard said:

"So I jumped ship at Cape May, and made my way up the coast to P-Town, working as a lupah, you know, a fish caddy. I was at Race Point one day, and who did I get, but the Dali Llama himself ... the flowing robes, bald head ... magnificent. Big caster that Llama; hauld off and threw a 3 oz pencil 500 yards into the mouth of a leaping Great White. Bit the plug in half. And you know what he said? Gunga Galunga ... that was it, just Gunga Galunga. So we finished up the day, and he was going to stiff me. So I said 'Hey ... Llama, how 'bout a little something for the effort ... you know?" And he turned to me and tells me that he won't give me money. But on my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness ... so I got that going for me, which is nice"

caddyshack.jpg

YES

• 2 years later...

Going to bump this topic back up.

I fished for the past 4 days, 14 hard miles of pounding sand by my step counter on my phone and each step walking in sand has to be the equivalent of 4 steps on solid ground, Did catch some fish up to 10 lbs, but no giants (I apparently leave them to guys like Ghostfish). Man O man could I have used a plug caddy yesterday as today I am sore as F and my back is locking up which should make for a great day sitting in an uncomfortable office chair staring at a computer screen. Plug Caddy where are you?

On a lighter note, I also ran into several kids from the ages of 6-10 years old that were actually fishing on the beach, not playing along while daddy is fishing, but real deal casting by themselves and retrieving with very little help, which this day in age is a rarity. One ten year old in particular had the fishing bug bad, as he cast his 10'ft surf rod with abandonment at lowtide. Got to talking to him for a few minutes with his dad's permission (no I don't just walk up to kids and offer candy to them if they follow me like Moocks does) it was apparent this kid was serious about his fishing and I had to give the kid something to increase his arsenal, so brand new pack of FishLab Mad Eels in Glow that a friend of mine gave me to try out he received happily with a very polite and excited "thank you mister". He said he was determined to catch a striper off the surf as his dad has, but so far his efforts have been fruitless, I told him not to give up hope and to keep casting, it will happen! And as I walked away, the thought hit me, Junior Plug Caddy Academy! Like summer camp, but instead of shooting arrows and paddling canoes, your child is taught the finer points of Plug Caddying. A plug caddy camp where skills like, building man forts to bunk in, reading water, names and types of plugs, how to select a plug for your client, fish cleaning 101, how to wire and finish a plug for beginners, advanced plug making with a lathe and other power tools, casting instruction, etc. The Junior Plug Caddy Academy would not only be ensuring kids intrest in fishing is preserved, but will also be turning out young green plug caddys for the future. Man I think I am on to something here? What do you think?