Linesideslayer

Plug Caddy Shack?

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

This topic is more humor than serious, that being said, here we go.

Me and my fishing partner always joke that what we really could use when fishing the surf is what we refer to as a "Plug Caddy". Just like a great golfing caddy on the links, this person would lug our over stuffed plugs bags down the beach with us, carry our gear, set-up rods, tie leaders/teasers, show up in the parking lot with morning coffee, he would have expert knowledge of the area beaches, the structure, the current bait forage, he would read water for you (like a caddy reads greens) and suggest where to make a cast, make plug/lure suggestions, if asked he would give you casting form and lure retrieval suggestions, assist in landing fish, he would read you personality, ability and fishing techniques and cater to you needs, when a lure snaps off on an errant cast he is already swimming after it before it hits the water (that one landed in the lumberyard Danny!). After a days fishing session he would help clean fish if wanted and then would be tipped depending on how well he did for you. The Plug Caddy is not to be confused with a Fishing Guide, just like a Golf Pro & Golf Caddy are two separate entities. The Caddy is not there to put you on fish, but to assist you in your fishing.

Thought I would share this humorous topic and open it up for discussion.

12 minutes ago, Wire For Fire said:

How do you feel about some light drinking and burning while I work 

If that is what is takes to improve my fish score card, then I am all for it, hell may even join you . Cannon-Ball!!!!

Had a roommate in College that made over 50K a year while going to school caddying at Pebble Beach on weekends, he had some wild golfers and stories from his travels. He said the job requirements were part cheerleader, part ass kisser, part therapist, part alcoholic, & part drug dealer. You might have found a new career path Wire For Fire.

untitled.png

Edited by Linesideslayer

I love this idea...not a guide, the caddy would simply carry yer stuff and make plug selections based on what you have and their personal experience - genius :th:

It would seem natural for them to have vast experience in the area you are fishing...maybe they are guides that got tired of burning spots for money? ;)

TimS

He has been having trouble this season getting on the fish. It is about 200 yard to the Blitz with a lite cross wind, he is swinging a 11 foot Rainshadow with Caddy recommended SS little neck popper in bunker, he pulls back swings the plug, it looks good...going...going...it is in the corner of the mouth,  its in the corner of the mouth, lines peeling folks, what a cast!

1 hour ago, TimS said:

I love this idea...not a guide, the caddy would simply carry yer stuff and make plug selections based on what you have and their personal experience - genius :th:

that's pretty much what a Ghillie does in Ireland and Scotland. they do that with flies or spinners, then they sit down for a smoke or take a nap.

100EURO a day they charge.

"So I jumped ship at Cape May, and made my way up the coast to P-Town, working as a lupah, you know, a fish caddy. I was at Race Point one day, and who did I get, but the Dali Llama himself ... the flowing robes, bald head ... magnificent. Big caster that Llama; hauld off and threw a 3 oz pencil 500 yards into the mouth of a leaping Great White. Bit the plug in half. And you know what he said? Gunga Galunga ... that was it, just Gunga Galunga. So we finished up the day, and he was going to stiff me. So I said 'Hey ... Llama, how 'bout a little something for the effort ... you know?" And he turned to me and tells me that he won't give me money. But on my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness ... so I got that going for me, which is nice"

caddyshack.jpg