cms829

August fishing reports

46 posts in this topic

Congrats.... One of my favorite watering holes. Ive been on punishment for abusing my privilege fishing up there to much by the wife :laugh: . But  

45 minutes ago, cms829 said:

Figured I'd start since I don't see one yet.  Nice brown from the West Branch Delaware on a 18 sulphur.  And a small wild bow on a prince jig.  

IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0525.JPG

IMG_0532.JPG

Congrats.... One of my favorite watering holes. Ive been on punishment for abusing my privilege fishing up there to much by the wife :laugh: . But  will probably head back up end of the month again. Been doing things with her to earn good behavior points to get back up there asap

14 hours ago, vce12342000 said:

Congrats.... One of my favorite watering holes. Ive been on punishment for abusing my privilege fishing up there to much by the wife :laugh: . But  will probably head back up end of the month again. Been doing things with her to earn good behavior points to get back up there asap

Yea mine too.  And I think I was also on the brink of the same punishment - So instead, we bought a sweet boat so she can come up and drift along with me sometimes!

13 foot NRS outlaw raft with fishing frame. Nice and portable.  Got it two weeks ago and already put 14.5 miles down the West Branch.   Its been tough fishing, with little consistent bug activity aside from up in Stilesville (if you ask me). This weekend pending weather were headed out to the Lehigh gorge with her for some class II-III whitewater.

When the wife lets you out to play again, shoot me a PM.  

nice pics...

I fished for a couple of hours this afternoon on a local lake. Caught a couple of bass and had my senko ripped in half three times by three very large pickerel....

I fished a well known lake in south jersey for few hours. Tried a new lure I got from cabelas called the johnson silver minnow spoon in the 1/2oz size. It cast great and is weedless, caught this pretty 11 inch pickerel with it. The lure has a really decent side to side wobble and flash. I thought this lure would be too big for smaller fish but I guess i'm wrong. 

surftalk.png.c645932efd99337ce6a04729a4d672c0.png

13 hours ago, Jay Blair said:

Bringing my wife and a few buds up to the Big D the end of September.

Congrats on the nice brownie. A beautiful gold one.

Great to see you post buddy!

Hope your on the way to being repaired

I was at the land of the giants last night (the spot I've been whining about that no longer has bass)

Well they showed up.  Finally after a few year absence.  A solid 7.5lb fish and a 5lb fish

6 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Great to see you post buddy!

Hope your on the way to being repaired

I was at the land of the giants last night (the spot I've been whining about that no longer has bass)

Well they showed up.  Finally after a few year absence.  A solid 7.5lb fish and a 5lb fish

Sweet! I know you have been looking for those big boys for a while. Glad to hear you landed some big ones.

Yep they removed a 3" tumor from my aorta and I am on the mend.  Now it is a matter of letting my body heal and not being too impatient.

Edited by Jay Blair

14 minutes ago, Jay Blair said:

Sweet! I know you have been looking for those big boys for a while. Glad to hear you landed some big ones.

Yep they removed a 3" tumor from my aorta and I am on the mend.  Now it is a matter of letting my body heal and not being too impatient.

Yeah man....I don't like giving up on a spot....but this one takes so much effort to get to and with all the fallen trees from the storms over the past year makes it all the more challenging to back pack all the gear in.....Glad there is starting to be a payoff.

That teckel sprinker frog is for real

Just don't push to hard to soon.   And you'll be knee deep in an alewive hatch in no time!!!

Edited by scoobydoo

16 hours ago, strike master said:

I fished a well known lake in south jersey for few hours. Tried a new lure I got from cabelas called the johnson silver minnow spoon in the 1/2oz size. It cast great and is weedless, caught this pretty 11 inch pickerel with it. The lure has a really decent side to side wobble and flash. I thought this lure would be too big for smaller fish but I guess i'm wrong. 

surftalk.png.c645932efd99337ce6a04729a4d672c0.png

Those fish know no limits!

8 hours ago, Jay Blair said:

Godspeed to you on the recovery....... 

its summer =  conditions are difficult . Mostly from the Westchester res,Kensico & X River where water is deep & cooler , top water ( pop R ) over the weeds early am & spinnerbait are producing fish but its not easy . When the sun comes up " Bass mostly look down on sunny days " Shakey head worms ( motor oil )  & tubes ( red / orange flake w/ weed guard )  for the deeper fish , Mixing Lm & Sm , entertained a friend who soaks the Senko ( baby trout ) I do ask him to crush the barbs ,  did produce but need weight to get down or you can have a sandwich by the time it gets to 12- 15 fow . Weather has been beautiful & will continue to get out . Weighted a few but nothing more than 4lbs . FYI 1 Brown trout ( 4.9 lbs ) on a suspending Husky Jerk bait all fish released .  

Spent a few days camping up in Harriman state park in NY this past week. First off that park is beautiful love going up there.

Took the kayak out the day after it rained and landed a really nice (for me at least lol) 20in pickerel. Was my first one and they're such cool and nasty looking fish. Rest of the trip was just non stop yellow perch and bluegill action with a few short crappies mixed in.

We also did hike into some little brook at one point that had a couple pools of trout that looked to be decent sized but I could only get a 6incher lol. Still a fun trip.