Zooming For Albies

Rate this topic

flylikabird

Who's doing it and more import, what hooks do you use to do it?  I've been using Mustad Ultra Points that are weighted and have a hitch hiker.   These hooks are really nice and add just the right amount of weight to deliver the payload without compromising major top water action.   My only problem with them is trying to get them at a wholesale price.  BP marks them up big time, so their out.   Wally World used to sell them a fair rate, but they're not selling them anymore to my knowledge.   What are you guys using to get your Zoom fix?  Thanks in advance.   Fly

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

37 minutes ago, Billybob said:

I use the Owner twistlok or similar with the corkscrew usually, very rarely weighted.

I prefer the weighted version but the same hook ... they are the best in my opinion

Don't stop ... Retrieving ...

54 minutes ago, crazybellringer said:

lots of guys swear by the albi snacks.

I think albies will hit zoom flukes and albie snax about the same...the advantage towards albie snax is due to better castability...but either catch better than cranking in a deadly dick 'as fast as you can' (provided they're in 'unweighted soft plastic' casting range...you'll have to settle for using the various metals and jigs more so associated with fishing for them if the fish stay beyond a certain distance from shore - if you're in a boat, disregard that comment)

1 hour ago, codfish said:

what is zooming??

Zooming started in 2007. Titled by Jeff Lopez and Dave Nuttal. It's the act of throwing zoom superflukes at breaking False Albacore. We would outfish metal throwers 7-1. After that first day and every trip after that, instead of saying, "Hey Lets Go Fish For Albies"...we said, "Hey lets go Zooming".

Zooming was born.

From having my eyes on Newport this past weekend.....I don't see any peanuts and that sucks. It's going to be a gay Chovie year. Not even the big Chovies, it's little bitty ****** Chovies. I hope it changes but that's what it looks like it's going to be. Zooming is much easier with Peanuts in my opinion. The micro size bait fishing sucks.

Edited by The Riddler

"Zooming is much easier with Peanuts in my opinion. The micro size bait fishing sucks."     The O.G. of Zooming in my opinion!  Thanks again Tuco!!!!!!!!!!!  :theman:

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato