Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sudsy

We are getting dangerously close to WWIII ! And it's not NK

Rate this topic

64 posts in this topic

Rather China / India

These two countries have never had a good relationship, have come close to shooting before (1987), and share a 2,500 mile border, which is a lot of land where something could go wrong. 

CHINA CONSIDERING MILITARY ACTION AGAINST INDIA: REPORT
BY JOSH LOWE ON 8/6/17 AT 5:14 AM

Two combative articles published in China’s state-run Global Times newspaper have raised fears of military clashes in the disputed Doklam region that lies at the junction between China, Bhutan and India.

Since June 16, when Indian forces sought to prevent China from building a road in a part of the plateau claimed by Bhutan, the two powers have been locked in a standoff in the region. Now, the Times of India reports, a top Chinese academic has written in the state organ that China is planning a "small-scale military operation to expel Indian troops within two weeks.”

Hu Zhiyong, a research fellow at the Institute of International Relations at the Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences, wrote in the Global Times : “China will not allow the military standoff between China and India in Doklam to last for too long, and there may be a small-scale military operation to expel Indian troops within two weeks."

Hu added that the "Chinese side will inform the Indian foreign ministry before its operation," but gave no source for his claims.

A Global Times editorial on Saturday, meanwhile, accused India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi of “gambling” his country’s destiny.

"It is a war with an obvious result," the editorial said. "PM Narendra Modi should be aware of the [Chinese army]'s overwhelming firepower and logistics. Indian border troops are no rival to [Chinese] field forces. If a war spreads, the [army] is perfectly capable of annihilating all Indian troops in the border region," the daily said.

The editorial further said, "Modi government's hard line stance is sustained by neither laws nor strength. This administration is recklessly breaking international norms and jeopardising India's national pride and peaceful development."

“Restraint has a bottom line,” the editorial warned.

The road China is trying to build leads towards the Indian border and could prove strategically useful to the east Asian superpower.

Edited by Sudsy

And the only reason I even saw any of this was because my news feed shows foreign sources

Our lousy media is putting 100% of it's resources in the Trump Trump Trump thing with a little on NK especially if they can use it to make Trump look bad.

Add in Pakistan to the mix and you will have a real volatile situation.

Is there is a limited 'skirmish' between India and China, Pakistan who have always disputed India's control of the southern part of Kashmir may see its chance to land grab.

13 minutes ago, Sudsy said:

And the only reason I even saw any of this was because my news feed shows foreign sources

Our lousy media is putting 100% of it's resources in the Trump Trump Trump thing with a little on NK especially if they can use it to make Trump look bad.

Check the NYT 6/27/17. 

That's nice, the NYT wasted precious anti-Trump space to mention something about this serious issue a month and a half ago ??

8 minutes ago, zybathegeek said:

Add in Pakistan to the mix and you will have a real volatile situation.

Yes, this.

I've always expected that if there's ever a nuclear exchange in this world it would be between Pakistan and India.

Now this China India thing has me wondering if i was wrong.

Sudsy, Trump created this mess.

it's not going away.

being a chicken little and demanding we focus our attention in other directions won't work.

because it seems that Trump won with Putin's help,

and it seems that Trump intended to repay that debt.

Trump and his staff have done nothing but tell lies for half a year now.....

so that is where we are.

1 minute ago, Sudsy said:

Yes, this.

I've always expected that if there's ever a nuclear exchange in this world it would be between Pakistan and India.

Now this China India thing has me wondering if i was wrong.

Spent some time in that part of the world, could never shake the feeling that this is where it would happen, still have it.

Whenever there is political crisis in Pakistan, and that happens regularly, Pakistan amps up the border conflict, blames it on 'freedom fighters' but  I've been reliably informed that ISI - Pakistans Intelligence is behind it.

1 minute ago, Sudsy said:

Now Trump is behind the China India dispute ? Really ??

no,

I will break out the crayons for you.

you were lamenting the fact that OUR news is focused on Trump.....

and I was trying to explain to you why that is.

3 minutes ago, Sudsy said:

Now Trump is behind the China India dispute ? Really ?? How desperate are you people getting? LOL !!!

They passed desperate some time ago.

Full on to delusional paranoia now.

9 minutes ago, fish'nmagician said:

being a chicken little and demanding we focus our attention in other directions won't work.

So it's OK to ignore major and serious issues in the world outside our own borders

:dismay: