Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EricJ

Personal Vince Wilfork Story

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

With all of the talk about Vince Wilfork and his BBQ venture, I thought I would share this story....

I am a Giants season ticket holder and I always sell my pre season seats. Immediately after the Giants beat the Pats in the Superbowl, they were facing each other in the pre season in NY. My tickets sold on Stub Hub. When you sell your tickets on Stub Hub, you never know who the buyer is and the only clue you possibly get is when you would have to print the fed ex shipping label. (now it is all done electronically). So, it is time to ship the tickets and I print the label and notice that I am mailing the tickets to Bianca Wilfork... his wife. My seats are right behind the visitor bench so it makes sense.

I put the tickets in the large fed ex envelope and I am ready to seal it when I realize that I cannot pass on this opportunity. I cannot just send the tickets. So, I print off all of the online articles about the Giants upsetting the Pats, print pictures of the Giants holding the trophy and send all of that to his house.

Hopefully he has a good sense of humor. If I ever met him, I would share the story to see if he recalls all of this.

You should've put your return address on the shipment.  That's a funny story, except for the Supebowl outcome- that part suxxed!

Edited by flylikabird

Good story, to bad she didn't reply

Another story about Vince that many do not know, as big a man as he was he was teaching at basketball clinic, things were getting loose. Some how a discussion came up about dunking,  from a standing position he could dunk a basketball all 325 pounds of him at that time. 

Despite his size he was extremely athletic.

his wife seems like a world class see you next Tuesday.

that said, the thought that Vince could dunk a basketball is mind blowing .

good buddy went to HS with him and said he could legit dunk..meaning not just the drop step dunk mentioned above.

Edited by HugeDinghy