Wicked-Fly

WTB reel for 9wt

11 posts in this topic

Still got this Redington BrakeWater 9/10 with 300+ yds of backing. It is in excellent condition and is a very under rated fly reel with an excellent cork drag!  Was $240+ new and will take $100 shipped in ConUS! 

1bb.JPG

1bbbbb.JPG

18 hours ago, jrmyln said:

How about an LLBean Orion LA IV?

extra spool and and line

$100 shipped

Not interested at this time, thank you for posting.

Edited by Wicked-Fly

1 hour ago, Bonecracker56 said:

Still got this Redington BrakeWater 9/10 with 300+ yds of backing. It is in excellent condition and is a very under rated fly reel with an excellent cork drag!  Was $240+ new and will take $100 shipped in ConUS! 

Not interested at this time, thank you for posting.

Not sure what you (or your friend) are looking for, but I have a like new Temple Fork Hayden #1 reel I might be willing to part with.  It's suitable for 8-11w lines.  It's a bit heavy but built like a tank.  I was thinking about listing it with a Colton Leviathan 8w rod which is also a beast - it's an 8w on steroids.  Haven't used either as much as I thought I would.  Perfect for jetty work or working rocky areas from a yak.

I'd have to get $275 for the combo, or $150 for the reel and $125 for the rod.  Both are perfect with only a bit of wear on the cork rod handle and a minor surface mark on the blank.  The reel is immaculate.  Prefer to sell them as a perfectly matched pair.   Also, they would take a real beating and last damn near forever.

Going to remove my offer of the TFO Hayden because of no reply...

Maybe you should be more specific about what kind, brand(s) or basic design of reel you or your friend are looking for???

Hey sorry for the late reply guys, dealing with a 3month old at home and it seems like every time someone posts something I go to reply but get pulled in a different direction but that's my bad. I appreciate the offers and I've passed these on to my friend. I think he's looking for a lighter reel maybe 7-9wt but will keep you posted if he has any interest.