Belmo

Wireless Carriers

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Well, it's time to give T-Mobile the bum's rush: somehow, are account got compromised -- some weasels have been adding lines, buying phones, and all kinds of other shenanigans -- and since the dolts at T-Mobile seem either unwilling or incapable of fixing it, the only solution is to cancel with them and switch to a new carrier. 

I'm particularly interested in the cheaper carriers -- has anyone used Cricket? I use my cell phone as a phone maybe twice a week -- this may surprise some of you :D, but I'm an anti-social creep -- and I don't wanna pay for a network that has tons of bells and whistles that I don't need. 

Anyone switched mobile carriers recently? Any free advice out there? 

3 minutes ago, redfishkiller said:

they all suck i would go with the cheapest...

I like the cut of your jib, sailor! :D

That's pretty much what I'm thinking.

1 hour ago, Belmo said:

Well, it's time to give T-Mobile the bum's rush: somehow, are account got compromised -- some weasels have been adding lines, buying phones, and all kinds of other shenanigans -- and since the dolts at T-Mobile seem either unwilling or incapable of fixing it, the only solution is to cancel with them and switch to a new carrier. 

I'm particularly interested in the cheaper carriers -- has anyone used Cricket? I use my cell phone as a phone maybe twice a week -- this may surprise some of you :D, but I'm an anti-social creep -- and I don't wanna pay for a network that has tons of bells and whistles that I don't need. 

Cricket is great until you need customer service for something. I've got 5 phones with them. Bill is set up for autopay. One person on the plan was consistently going over his data (it's no extra charge but they slow you down to below 2G speeds). I upped him to unlimited and the prorated charge was just under $5. They wouldn't take it via autopay (never told me), and shut all 5 phones off the day after this $4.xx payment was due. 

Been other similar issues a few more times in the 2 years I've had them. But day-to-day service works fine. It's the same network as AT&T.

Anybody use xfinity thinking about leaving verizon, xfinity supposedly uses verizon's towers. We have no land lines so reliable service is needed. we are still flip phoning it. The only smart phone app I would desire would be weather, email may be handy but I text at turtle speed.

Who's got the best deals on new phones ? It just gives me a headache searching online. :laugh: IPhone 4, ya can't break it, I think 5/6 years now I have them. It won't download the newer apps so time to move on. Don't need the latest and greatest and don't care apple or android  Long time ATT subscriber but will switch.    

4 hours ago, Belmo said:

I'm particularly interested in the cheaper carriers -- has anyone used Cricket? I use my cell phone as a phone maybe twice a week

If all you are using it for is a phone, I bought a $10.00 tracfone at the dollar general store eight years ago, has coverage everywhere I've been and costs about $10.00 a month. And trust me, you can't get any simpler. 

30 minutes ago, ByronPA said:

If all you are using it for is a phone, I bought a $10.00 tracfone at the dollar general store eight years ago, has coverage everywhere I've been and costs about $10.00 a month. And trust me, you can't get any simpler. 

This works if that's all you want. Can't remember the carrier but got reception in SoCal just above the border when the cool kids couldn't when visiting my son at Pendelton. Also got reception in PA booonies deer hunting from Iraq.

1 hour ago, crazybellringer said:

you could get a cell phone and if ya weasel out of meeting dudes on a boat trip you can call them so the boat leaves on time. :howdy:

:b:

:beers:

My Wife has AT&T, she had trouble getting decent service at the Keys house. AT&T wanted to sell her a $250 booster, when she told them her pals with track phones all were getting better service, AT&T gave the booster to her. We have "cheep" friends who only have track phones, and are happy with them.

Peace

They all suck is an understatement! !! Worse than freaking cable companies. And people just accept that the phone they spent 7 clams on won't work when it rains or a squirrel in the tree next your window has a case of the Chipotle chunks and interrupts the atmosphere ............ that being said. ..... I switched to straight talk. 

11 hours ago, Belmo said:

I had tmobile for close to decade, My kids talking me into new phone s and hence new carrier which ended up as verizon. Forget the new phones part but the data, text etc cost me a hell of lot more. When we were with tmobile we never as a family went over 5gbs for awhole month, with verizon we now do that in about 10 days. We can spam phone calls and they basically nickel and dime you to death

As soon as this is over, another 6 months, I will likely go right back to tmobile

Yeah I went back to TMobile too, 2 lines for 100 bucks flat a month unlimited everything, no data throttling after x amount. Coverage is still spotty in some areas but screw it I don't want to talk to people anyway.