patze003

Lost fly box at Monomoy

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hey folks, I left my fly box on top of my car (which is odd because I never put anything on top of my car) in Chatham this morning, saw a man there with his teenage son, wondering if they might be on the forum and may have grabbed it after it fell off the top.

Hope I can find it :/, bout 30 hours of tying in there :(.

Good idea, I messaged with them today, they looked around the property and couldn't find it, it may have fallen off on one of the roads out of there as well....

It's a drag, but I guess it's always fun to use "new" flies, just gotta get on the vice with limited time to do so

I had the same thing happen to me, I was doing an all nighter at the railroad bridge when you were allowed to fish under it. It had lights on all night around the bridge which attracted the bait and the stripers would chow down. After the sun came up I changed flies and headed to Chatham and at the refuge as we waited for the ferry I was taking to a guy who showed me one of his favorite flies and I wanted to show him my Bretsy and when I went into my bag for my box of flies it was not there.

It was at that point I realized I left it on the roof of my car. I got back in the car and drove back from Chatham to the railroad bridge and walked all the way up and down both sides of Bell Rd and all around the parking lot and found nothing.

I feel your pain.

I write my name and cell number on my fly boxes.

Lost one and it was turned into a local bait shop in RI. Bought a gift certificate to give to the finder.

Should probably tag all my gear.

Ted