Slow spring...better fall?

Rate this topic

AHest.04

Hope for better conditions....local B&T's are suffering....barely any business, parking lots are empty mostly. The dam sand bars they placed out front in OC during beach replenishment has created a desert along the surf zone...snappers flood the few rips along the beach where the bars separate....burying the jetty's was a huge mistake IMO...they could have worked with them to make them longer and "T" them off at the ends...."They Know Not What They Do".

Worse yet.....as they expose themselves / the jettys, those bastages will be back to bury them again !!!!

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

There's nothing to hold fish anymore so all our hopes for decent runs are on whether or not the bait will come in to the edge, it did not this spring. Worst spring I've had since I was a clueless teenager.

It took quite a few years for the surf to come back from the first replenishment in 1995 - this latest replenishment was larger and longer that that, even doing areas that had never been replenished before.

By the time it gets back to where it was i'll be too old to dance on the rocks anymore :cry:

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

Hoping hoping hoping that the fall produces good numbers. 2016 fall was one of my best in about 15 years. Lot of 8-10 lb schools blitzing on bunker and as the season progressed toward thanksgiving, schools of 15 to 20lbers became more abundant. Really hope we see something similar. Salvage what has been a down year.

Mullet run will have lots of bait amazing fluke fishing only tiny blues and probably no bass. 

On a halloween  a school of monster bass will make there way from the hook to atlantic city in 5 days. they will be following bunker and gone before you blink.

Mid November a small peanut run will start  up north and fizzle out pretty quickly mid new jersey will be jammed up with replenishment and the fish and bait will move off shore. and hopefully come back. 

Sand eels will pop up towards the end of November is small areas and some people will enjoy keeper sized fish.

December will have lots of small fish rolling around.  

I wil open over 1000 bucks on gas and catch some fish. 

My fall was terrible last year. After September i struggled. 1 bass @ 31" beginning of Nov and done. Probably try more for Tog when November comes around this year. 

23 hours ago, Sudsy said:

There's nothing to hold fish anymore so all our hopes for decent runs are on whether or not the bait will come in to the edge, it did not this spring. Worst spring I've had since I was a clueless teenager.

It took quite a few years for the surf to come back from the first replenishment in 1995 - this latest replenishment was larger and longer that that, even doing areas that had never been replenished before.

By the time it gets back to where it was i'll be too old to dance on the rocks anymore 

My heart went out to that poor flounder in the video (most likely died a while back) that couldn't color match the bottom!!!! I'm wondering what a few beaches down this way are going to look like when fall comes around. 

On 8/7/2017 at 0:46 PM, joefishnj21 said:

Hoping hoping hoping that the fall produces good numbers. 2016 fall was one of my best in about 15 years. Lot of 8-10 lb schools blitzing on bunker and as the season progressed toward thanksgiving, schools of 15 to 20lbers became more abundant. Really hope we see something similar. Salvage what has been a down year.

On a boat, right ??

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

7 minutes ago, Sudsy said:

On a boat, right ??

Sudsy..Both. Lot of action on RB close on shore in my waders. And yes, on a boat as well...however, the majority of the damage on the boat was done in less than 10 feet of water. The season really started around Halloween and went until about Dec 1. Some days better than others.

Edited by joefishnj21

Guys goin' offshore for Ling have been sayin' there are huge schools of bunker out there with whales feeding on them......will they come in....who knows.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

On 8/7/2017 at 0:51 PM, crazybellringer said:

Mullet run will have lots of bait amazing fluke fishing only tiny blues and probably no bass. 

On a halloween  a school of monster bass will make there way from the hook to atlantic city in 5 days. they will be following bunker and gone before you blink.

Mid November a small peanut run will start  up north and fizzle out pretty quickly mid new jersey will be jammed up with replenishment and the fish and bait will move off shore. and hopefully come back. 

Sand eels will pop up towards the end of November is small areas and some people will enjoy keeper sized fish.

December will have lots of small fish rolling around.  

I wil open over 1000 bucks on gas and catch some fish. 

I'm already taking the days off for the Halloween run, hopefully I'm hitting it right like last year.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:31 AM, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Guys goin' offshore for Ling have been sayin' there are huge schools of bunker out there with whales feeding on them......will they come in....who knows.

I watched them pour out of the raritan last thursday night. Tightly pack schools as far as the eye could see. Rest assured, they swam happily.