VS Line Lay vs VSX

Rate this topic

Livliner

Line was different, and altered the distance. All things being equal the Ultegra will outcast the VSX. However, that morning after making several casts in the backyard with the Ultegra I had a bowl of Cherrios and then casted with the VSX. Advantage VSX. (lol)

Edited by Livliner

(*member formerly known as 'garycunn)'

With regard to humping the spool. Could the same results be had by wrapping tape around center part of spool before spooling the mono backing to create the hump, seems that would be easier if self-spooling. Also when determining spool finished height you would guesstimate from center of hump to spool edge?

Edited by Livliner

(*member formerly known as 'garycunn)'

I don't notice much of a distance gain in the Ultegra Ci4 vs. VSX either...:why: I am an admitted crappy caster but shouldn't it improve even the crap caster's distance?

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  

~Henry David Thoreau
(member formerly known as MV Bluefish)

1 hour ago, Livliner said:

With regard to humping the spool. Could the same results be had by wrapping tape around center part of spool before spooling the mono backing to create the hump, seems that would be easier if self-spooling. Also when determining spool finished height you would guesstimate from center of hump to spool edge?

Forming the hump is easier with mono backing since you can create a smoother shape.  And yes it's a guesstimate as to shape/height of the hump.  Most tackle shops can do this for you.